I can’t believe Peanut is a month old already! She is growing and changing so much already! She has already lost that scrawny newborn look and is starting to fill out. I just started taking the newborn clothes out of her dresser because they are already getting too small, although she is swimming a bit in the 3 months.
I weighed her today (by weighing myself and then holding her) and it said she was 10.2 pounds! I did it twice to make sure because I was surprised she’d gained that much! I also measured her and got 22.75 inches! If that’s true she’s growing like a weed! She is also getting faster at nursing which is nice for me. Instead of eating for 15-20 on each side she has been doing 8-12. I was worried that she wasn’t eating enough but obviously that’s not a problem!
She is still doing great, and is pretty easy but for some reason our night sleeping has taken a turn for the worse. Up until 3 weeks she was waking up to eat every 3 hours during the day and at night she would go about 4, but then she switched that so that now she will go 3-4 hours in the day but at night she wakes up every 2.5-3 hours to eat. Frustrating. It’s been exhausting because we are only getting 5-7 hours of broken sleep at night. I am a person who needs 8-10. I’m definitely ready for her to start only waking once to eat at night (S was at this point)! If she stays with the Babywise plan we have a maximum of 5 more weeks before she starts sleeping 8 hours straight at night. I’m counting down the days! :)
She is just like her big sister Boo as far as car rides. The minute we start driving somewhere she falls asleep, even if she was wide awake when we got in. That does make it nice when we need to get somewhere since she rarely cries in the car, and will sleep until we stop even if she’s way overdue for a feeding. Her sisters like to hold her hands when we are in the car since they are three across and stuffed in their like little sardines.
She still sleeps pretty much all the time so we haven’t seen much personality yet although her expressions are pretty darn cute. Bug and Boo love to hold her and give her lots of hugs and kisses. They are doing great with her and are very gentle. I think it helps that she sleeps so much so I’m able to give them lots of attention during the day, and still do all our usual routines.
I wanted to get some pictures of her today on her one month birthday, but this morning she was NOT happy about it.
“The indignity.”
“Just let me sleep, Mom.”
I put her down for a nap and tried again at her next waketime. “Yay! I feel much better after that nap.”
“Now slow down there people. We’re getting ahead of ourselves.”
“Power to the babies!”
“No pictures please.”
“Whoa! WHAT was that?!?”
“It’s more amusing over here.”
“Okay Mom, just get the shot.”
“Are you done yet?”
“Seriously? You’re still taking pictures?”
“Well at least you got rid of that sticker that keeps falling off.”
It’s so fun to watch babies grown and change. We can’t wait to see what she does in the next month!
She's precious! I'm sorry you aren't getting much sleep at night, though. That's such a rough stage! However, sleeping in the car is a very nice feature...
ReplyDeleteI like the Okay Mom, just get the shot picture :)
ReplyDeleteShe may be going through a growth spurt? I had my husband start doing the bedtime routine with the others so I could sleep right when Charity did. Also if I set out breakfast the night before (cold cereal or waffles to toast) then they feed themselves for breakfast and I can sleep in with the baby. I don't know if that will work for you but just a suggestion for more sleep. Either way, she's going to start sleeping soon so just hang in there!
Love the captions! :) She's precious and you're looking great too!
ReplyDelete