On Tuesday night we were supposed to get up to 11 inches of snow! It ended up only being four or five, but that was enough that I needed to shovel the sidewalks so during Boo's nap we got all bundled up and went outside for a little snow removal.
~
Well, I went for snow removal, Bug went for snow angels, snowballs, snow slides, and of course, her favorite game: knocking all the freshly removed snow back into the sidewalk so that Mommy has to re-shovel it. I know this is not done on purpose but heaven help me it sure seems like it is! :)
Well, I went for snow removal, Bug went for snow angels, snowballs, snow slides, and of course, her favorite game: knocking all the freshly removed snow back into the sidewalk so that Mommy has to re-shovel it. I know this is not done on purpose but heaven help me it sure seems like it is! :)
~
(That little thing sticking up on the right hand side of the pictures is one of our 18 inch sprinkler risers so you can see how much we have).
It's so funny but I never have to tell Bug to stay close to me when we are outside in the snow, she sticks to me like a shadow for some reason. Which means she will occasionally get a face full of snow when she scoots around to the side where all the snow is landing.
Princess of the mountain!
Our neighbors have a "U" shaped driveway so they take all their snow from it and pile it up on our side parking strip. This makes a fun mountain of snow for Bug to slide down. ~
Unfortunately it got really warm yesterday and all of this new snow is already gone. Hopefully it doesn't all melt b/c it's such a nice warm blanket for all my plants. They are going to do SO much better this year since they haven't had to contend with the freezing winds. We still have at least a foot left over but we're supposed to have temperatures in the high 30's for the next ten days so we might lose it. Maybe we'll get some fresh stuff soon.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

Those are awesome pictures!
ReplyDeleteI have a question, though: What exactly is the purpose of shoveling the sidewalk? Is it one of those things that you're just expected to do, like making your bed (which I don't) or raking your leaves (which I also don't)? Or is it something that actually serves a useful purpose?
Inquiring Southern Minds want to know...