Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2nd Christmas

Okay I am finally getting around to posting our New Year's pictures! That's when we celebrated Christmas with my parents this year. We had a very crazy 11 days over Christmas break. The Wednesday before Christmas we:
headed out to the farm,
stayed out there until Monday morning,
went to a birthday party,
got home,
the girls took naps,
went to some friend's the rest of the day/night,
stayed home Tuesday to unpack and do laundry,
went to my parents on Wednesday (in a snowstorm),
stayed there until Saturday night
and then came home so we could sleep in our beds before church the next morning.
Quite a busy schedule but we love spending time with our families!
~
We were happy that we got to spend a little more time with Auntie Nina before she left.
~
She and Bug made Play Doh birthday cakes. :)

On Saturday morning we got up to open presents. This picture is a little blurry but I thought it was sweet.

Stockings!

Boo really got into the opening this time around. I think she opened every present in her stocking almost entirely by herself.

And of course she had to find various perches throught the morning. :)

Bug's present from Noni and Papa! She had no idea what it was but I was excited! :) This is going to be a "car only" toy and we are looking forward to cutting down on the question per mile ratio. It should diminish considerably. :)

The girls got beautiful "fur" coats from Auntie Wendy's zoo! They are SOO soft! Bug loves hers and has been wearing it around the house almost constantly since she opened it.

Boo's is zebra, and just as fluffy and soft. Thanks Auntie Wendy!

Cowboy boots! Straight from Auntie Karen in the Lone Star State!

T's new sign. This came from my family's original homestead! My Aunt found this broken board buried in the dirt in (or near?) the barn. T thinks it probably came off of one of the old wooden combines or some other type of equipment. What a wonderful piece of family history! We can display it and tell the girls all about my grandpa's ranch in Texas. If I have my facts right my Pawpaw (the girls' great grandpa) was actually born on the ranch!

A beautiful picture that my grandma painted for us. Thanks Mama!

I should have gotten some pictures of the other gifts like the adorable "Wocket" that goes with the Wocket in my Pocket book from Uncle Jason and Aunt Hearther, and the beautiful crocheted hats that Auntie Nina made for the girls! Bug also got the game Uno Moo. It is really cute and she loves it! We all got so many great presents. Thank you everyone!
And Happy (belated) New Years!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to LOOOOVE having that Leapster in the car - that's where ours stays too, and wow driving is less stressful when I can concentrate on where I'm going rather than on answering question # 261!!

    ReplyDelete