Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hip Hop

I am so excited! Our small town just started offering dance classes! I have been wanting to put Bug in a class for a while now and I almost had her signed up last fall but at the last minute I just decided I couldn't do it. To drive an hour (each way) for a half an hour class seemed a little ridiculous. So I was thrilled to hear that someone decided to offer classes here. I would definitely prefer a ballet class, but since all they are offereing is hip hop we decided to go for it. The flyer said ages 4 and up, but they were really nice about letting her in. I signed her up right away and last night was her first class.

~

The teacher had car problems and ended up being late which necessitated the combination of the two youngest classes. It was pretty crazy with about 30 little kids all over the place. They mainly just did some warm up type stuff. Hopefully next week it will be a little more settled with only smaller kids in her class. Her teacher is also a man which she wasn't too thrilled about at first. I said, "Oh look! Your teacher is here!"

K - "Where Mommy?"

Me: "Right there" (pointing)

K - "He's a BOY?"

Me: "Yeah, he looks nice."

K - "Noooo!"

Haha, I managed to get her out there though. It helped that lots of her friends were there. A couple other little girls wouldn't go at all. I think she enjoyed it once they got going.

~

We took these videos this weekend trying to get her ready for the class.

As you can see she will definitely benefit from some formal instruction. Haha :)

She has the hop, now hopefully they can give her some "hip". :)

1 comment:

  1. Those videos are hilarious!! Ali felt the same way anytime she had a male gymnastics coach - she was NOT a fan.

    I can't wait to see the final result!!

    ReplyDelete