Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nightcrawlers

Okay, I know I already posted today, but this is too interesting not to share. I've always heard the term "nightcrawlers" but tonight it really came alive for me. T just went out to check on the sprinklers and told me to come outside. It's not very warm, and it IS after ten, so I went rather reluctantly. He said he had just been walking across the yard and slipped.
~
Yes, slipped. On these...
I should have put something down for size comparison but some of them were a good 10-12 inches long!

I think we counted 36 in this picture.

It rained today...I wonder if they only come out like this after the rain, or is this party going on every night when we are tucked in our beds? I like worms, but this is a little much. If anyone is going fishing we know where you can get some good bait!

1 comment:

  1. Eww...at our old house, our porch would get overtaken with hundreds of silkworms...we'd know they were coming because we'd see the silk nests in the trees above the porch.

    ReplyDelete