Thursday, May 20, 2010

gDiapers

After I posted about Fuzzibunz one of my roommates from college told me about gDiapers. In my cloth diaper research I hadn't come across that brand. I am SO glad she told me about it! I LOVE them! We have only been using them for four days, but so far they are awesome! We haven't had a single leak.
~
It is a little bit different system than Fuzzibunz. Instead of being a pocket diaper it is more like a traditional cloth diaper, but it is a "hybrid" so it's MUCH easier than the whole cloth/pins/plastic cover thing. I would definitely recommend them.
~
I think the best thing about them is that I had 6 Fuzzibunz and I had to do laundry every day, but I have 7 gDiapers and I only have to do laundry every two to three days b/c I have 12 of the cloth inserts. Unlike the Fuzzibunz, the outer part of the diaper doesn't get dirty so you are only changing out the inner part and you can keep the outer part on. Here is the website if you want to check it out. http://www.gdiapers.com/
~
And here's one of our cutie patootie's gDiapers.
I bought the "Sweet Bundle" starter pack which came with 3 orange and 3 vanilla gDiapers, and then I had to buy this ruffle one b/c it was just too darn cute to pass up.
~
I also have noticed that eBay has TONS of gDiapers, and since the outer part doesn't get soiled you could get them a lot cheaper off of there and then just buy your own liners and inserts.
~
Another cool thing about the gDiaper system is that you can buy cloth inserts or "disposable" inserts. I haven't tried the disposables yet, but that's next on my list of things to do.
~
Check em' out!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Like I was telling you the other day this is what I would like to use with our next baby so I am so glad I know someone who has used them already for tips and suggestions. The pink ruffle diaper is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty adorable. Now, I'm not nearly brave enough or cool enough or whatever enough to try it myself, but they ARE cute.

    Who knows, though...maybe I'll totally change my mind when the baby gets here. I don't think so, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ruffles!

    Do you have to run a sanitizing cycle after you wash the diapers? I'd never though of it before but someone mentioned it to me the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!
    And I've always wanted to try making my own laundry soap.. cloth diapers and the laundry soap just go hand in hand don't they?

    ReplyDelete