Yesterday we did some celebrating. We celebrated the wonderful moms in our life and we also celebrated Boo!
~
What better day than Mother's Day to publicly dedicate our sweet girl to the loving hands of our Heavenly Father?

We want to raise our girls to love and serve God with their whole hearts and "dedicating" them is a way to announce that desire, and to ask our family, and church family, to keep us accountable to that goal, and also, to help us achieve that goal. Our church family is going to play an important part in their lives as their Sunday School teachers, AWANA leaders, and the parents of their friends.
~
It is such a comfort to place Boo in God's loving hands. There is no better place to be! As much as we love her it can't compare to God's love for her. I would give my life for hers, but He
already did.
I love this picture because Boo is smiling!
I finally got a good picture of Grandma, Grandpa, and the girls!
I am so thankful for my family! They were so thoughtful yesterday. Daddy and Bug made breakfast, and were just so sweet all day long.
We got this picture b/c my grandma (and my aunt), Boo, and I all have the same middle name. We'll have to get a picture of the three of us with my aunt this summer!
And Bug's middle name is the same as her Noni, whose is the same as my Grandpa's sister. We like to keep names in the family as you can tell. :)
I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. It was definitely the best yet! After church we went out to lunch with the family and opened some sweet gifts. Then we went back to Noni and Papa's house. We let the girls spend the rest of the day with them while T and I went into town and did some shopping. It ended up being the perfect Mother's Day arrangement. My mom and Grandma got to spend time with the girls while I got a nice break. Perfect!~
I read a sweet devotional this week that was speaking to women with young children. My favorite thing about it was this phrase, "The years are short and the days are long." That is so true for this season of my life. Sometimes the days seem never ending, and yet somehow my sweet "baby" is already three years old. Some days it is a struggle to appreciate these times, and others it's not hard at all. I have to remind myself on those more difficult days that the time is going to go by so quickly.
~
In a blink of an eye they'll be grown and gone so I'm going to hang on to these moments as tightly as I can.


You got some great pictures at your parent's house. I especially like the one of the girls at the end. I love how you dress them in matching outfits. :) Are they all outfits you've gotten as gifts or have you had fun restocking K's wardrobe? ;) I like that quote from your devotional. I can't believe how fast the time goes by.
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is absolutely precious!!!
ReplyDeleteWe have baby dedication at our Church on Mother's Day, too. I guess we'll be doing it next year!