Tuesday, May 18, 2010

John 16:33

I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. ~ John 16:33

I love the way Bug says "world". I also love this verse. This world can be such a terrible place. The things I read or hear about sometimes cause me to shudder. Raising two sweet girls in the midst of all this strife and unrest CAN cause me to lose heart.

~

I love that this verse reminds me to take heart. Jesus has overcome the world!

~

If I didn't have that assurance I think I would be a nervous wreck! I love the fact that I can trust the Lord to take care of my girls. As much as I love them, He loves them more.

~

I can't protect them from this world no matter how hard I try, but...

I

don't

have

to.

~

My job is trust the only One who CAN protect them and give them over to His loving care.

~

And THAT gives me peace!

2 comments:

  1. I love the articulation of heart with a loud T at the end. Bug warms my heart when she sings Scripture. One of my prayers is that Bug and Boo love God's word with a passion!
    Noni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and great reminder. From both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete