Tuesday, July 22, 2025

Work-cation! - Part 2

Once we got to our second location we hit Walmart for groceries and then went to check into our hotel...which wasn't ready per the usual. They guarantee a 4:00PM check in, but I don't think we've ever been able to check in before 5:30. :P 
 
Thankfully they at least let us put our groceries in the fridge in our room. I took the little ones for a walk while we waited. We brought their scooters and they loved zipping down the path. Next year I'll have to bring my running shoes as well because they are fast! They would get ahead, turn around and come racing back to me, and then go off again.
 
 
 
The room still wasn't ready before dinner so we had to go as we were. I guess I could have tried to fix the fuzzy swim hair. Haha. We hadn't been to this place before but it was very nice. Peanut and Lou played chess on Daddy's phone.

 
Daddy and Peaches played a round of Ultimate Tic Tac Toe. If you haven't played it before it's pretty fun! 

 
After dinner we finally got to check in and got our rooms all settled. We had an awesome unit this year with two bedrooms! Then we headed over for the conference's kick off event, the ice cream social. I had to stop and take some pictures of my favorite part of this town...the flowers!
 

 
So gorgeous! 


 
The girls loaded up on ice cream and toppings! 

 
These beautiful hydrangea bushes were outside a church as we walked back.  

 
We had an amazing view from our room! 
 
 
And it was so nice that the little ones had their own bedroom. 

 
Peaches stayed in the living room on the hide-a-bed. 

 
I honestly wasn't looking forward to this trip because last year was not very fun, but we ended up having an amazing time! The slide and hot tub were working this year, and while the water in the pool was super cold, it wasn't absolutely freezing like last year and they were able to swim in it! 
 
The only bad thing was that I forgot Lou's life jacket, but we bought her a floaty and I just had to keep a little closer eye on her when she was in the deep end.  

 
She loved the slide! 


 
I lost count of how many times they went down. 


 


Swim, slide, hot tub, repeat! 

 
We let all three of them choose a floaty at Walmart. This is the one Peaches picked. 

 
And Peanut's. 

 
Lou is so full of energy and joy! I love watching her face. 


 
More pictures tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment