It has been 5 years since we had butterflies and Lou didn't remember it so I decided to get some for the girls this Spring.
I got two containers that said they were coming with 5 butterflies but both came with 7. I'm not sure what happened to one of the cups but we only had one successful chrysalis out of it, but thankfully the other had six.
The girls enjoyed checking the chrysalises every day and one day we finally saw a butterfly! After a few days we had 7! You can keep them for up to a week, but we were going out of town so we had to release them. Lou was much more excited about it than the last time we did it.
Peaches loved it as well!
Bug came out with us to release.
So happy!
The patterns and colors are so intricate!
It is fun to see the beauty and creativity of God's creation!
No comments:
Post a Comment