Saturday, May 4, 2024

Seventeen!

 I know, I know, I say it every year, but how in the world is this girl seventeen?!? I truly can't believe that she is about to be a senior in high school! It is definitely bittersweet. I am so excited to see her spread her wings and start moving towards the plan God has for her life, but I am also so sad that we now only have one more of each holiday with her. One more Thanksgiving, one more Christmas, one more Easter...I know that we will have many more holidays and celebrations even when she is out of the house, but our family dynamic will never quite be the same after next June. She will be graduated and starting her own life. As she should. 

We are so proud of the amazing woman this girl has become. She is so responsible and dependable. She is smart and funny and so much fun to be around. She has done an amazing job driving this past year and it is so nice to have an extra driver to get the other girls all the places they need to go. I try to be mindful of Bug's time and not ask her to take them too many places, but she is always willing to step in and take them somewhere when we get in a bind. 

She has done a great job preparing for her trip to Kenya and has done a lot of paperwork, done all her fundraising and was fully funded months ago thanks to all our generous family and friends! She even had some extra money and was able to use it to help her teammates with their fundraising as well. I can't believe she leaves in six weeks! I am praying that it will be a life changing experience for her and that she will both be blessed and be a blessing!

Bug is doing great in school of course and has a 3.9 on honor roll. She still plays for the worship team at school, but has taken a break from church worship team. She has learned to play chords over the past year and is going to be playing the piano for the worship team in Kenya. They have had several practices over the last couple of months. She still volunteers with AWANA but has tried out a few different areas this year since they had plenty of helpers in the Cubbie room. She also keeps busy with our church leadership program and youth group. 

Sixteen was a big year with driving, dating, and having her own phone but she has navigated each with ease. She is very responsible and has exceeded our expectations of her maturity. She and F are so sweet together and either hang out with us at our house or with his family at his house. Now that they have been dating a full year they are going to be allowed to go out on their own and for her birthday she decided to have their first big date night instead of a party. They are going to a movie and dinner on their own. :) We are so proud of how well they handle themselves and their maturity. We are very blessed!

Here is her birthday interview:

1. Favorite color: black
2. Favorite toy: Legos
3. Favorite fruit: watermelon
4. Favorite TV show: A-Team (she watches this with Daddy)
5. Favorite lunch: taquitos, chicken alfreado
6. Favorite outfit: clothes
7. Favorite game: Farming Game
8. Favorite snack: goldfish
9. Favorite animal: hedgehog
10. Favorite song: I don't know
11. Favorite book: I don't know
12. Your best friend: Amy
13. Favorite Cereal:  Capn' Chrunch
14. Favorite thing to do outside: lay there, in the sun
15. Favorite drink: lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Christmas
17. Favorite breakfast: anything I actually eat
18. What do you like to take to bed: tortilla blanket
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: missionary
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Olive Garden
 

 Dear Buggy,
 
Happy birthday my grown up girl! I can't believe you are about to be a senior! It truly did go by so fast. Daddy and I are so thankful for you. You have grown into a beautiful young woman, and are such a blessing to our family. 
 
You have really impressed us this last year with your maturity and it is so neat to see you becoming the woman God meant for you to be. I can't wait to see all that He has in store for you. There are a lot of decisions to be made in the next year and I pray that He will guide and direct each step that you take to lead you down the path that He has for you. 
 
Out of all the great things you have done this year my favorite has been watching your faith grow. I am so excited for your upcoming trip and how it will grow that faith even more. I have no doubt that it will be hard and exhausting, but I pray that the joy and blessings far outweigh the hard. I know He is going to use it in a powerful way in your life. 
 
Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for being a wonderful daughter and for all the little ways you help out. Thank you for being responsible and being someone your sisters can look up to. We love you more than we can ever say. I can't believe we only have one more year with you. Let's make it the best year ever!
 
Love, Momma 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment