Monday, March 16, 2020

Farmhouse Update

Sorry I haven't been good about keeping up with the blog in the midst of all the craziness we are experiencing. We are very blessed to be as unaffected as possible since the girls and I are home all day anyway, and T's job is secure, being in healthcare. I know many many others are not so fortunate and these weeks of limited contact will be a definite hardship. :( We are praying that our family can be used for God's glory during this time whatever that looks like.

So here is the post I meant to post yesterday but with words this time...:P

I haven't posted anything about the Farmhouse in a while because I've been on burnout. Working on one giant project for four years means that I go through phases. Sometimes I'm raring to go, wanting to spend every waking minute knocking things off the to-do list. Other times I don't want to look at another hammer, saw, drill, 2x4, or anything house related. During those times poor T just plugs along on his own. He is so great. He rarely asks for my help, but always welcomes it. 

We worked hard over Christmas break and got 95% of the walls framed both upstairs and down...

Boo's room 


Peanut's room.


Peaches' room.


And Bug's room (behind her). 


And then I spent most of January and part of February ignoring the addition. Haha. Part of the problem, for me, was that it was all plumbing and that is not my forte. I can frame with the best of them...or at least the competent of them, lol, but I'm pretty much only good for gophering when it comes to plumbing. Thankfully Grandpa came over and helped T get most of it done!

They had to open up walls to the existing house to tie in the plumbing. Thankfully T had planned ahead and made it easy to access.


The girls' bathroom is kind of a Jack-and-Jill style. It's a big long rectangle broken into three smaller separate rooms: 1) sink/vanity 2) toilet and tub 3) sink/vanity. So Bug and Peaches will have their sink/vanity/storage room and Boo and Peanut will have the other and they will share the toilet and tub which has pocket door access to either side.


You can kind of see her...Peanut is in Bug and Peaches little room. The tub room is beyond that, and then the other room beyond that.
 

Here is T plumbing our tub in the master suite. He is in a 4ft crawl space under the addition. Unfortunately since it was open for a while the cats used it as their personal litter box so it does NOT smell good down there! 


One weekend we got the girls to help us clean up after most of the mess had been made.


They like throwing the wood scraps down into the pickup bed.


Once the plumbing was finished we were able to move on to electrical which I can help with. I can't do the actual wiring of the fixtures but I know how to run wire and put in canned lights. 

Let their be light! This is the common room looking East into Bug and Peaches room.


And here is looking West into Boo and Peanuts room.  It is college apartment style: two bedrooms on either side with a common room and bathroom in the middle.


Now we are moving on to electrical in the downstairs. I am kind of surprised at how fast we are moving. The HVAC guys came and installed everything related to that so upstairs we are ready for insulation and Sheetrock! Maybe a benefit to all the social distancing will be that we are able to get the house done faster this Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment