Monday, March 9, 2020

Basketball Tournament

The girls' culmination of their basketball season was a weekend-long tournament! Boo had a game on Friday night, but we had a church thing so Noni and Papa sweetly volunteered to take her. The next day Peanut had a 9am game, so T took her early. She was excited to play with her preschool friend, L,  who joined the team for the tournament.

  

They played their best ever and even though they lost it was a very close game!
 
  

Apparently for tournaments the parents have to "volunteer" to help...although it's more like drafting because they give you a schedule of when you have to help. Lol. We had the 9-11 shift, but one of my friends took the first hour for me so we could watch Peanut's game...so sweet! 

Boo and I did the last hour of the shift. It wasn't hard. We just had to sit there and take money and stamp people's hands as they came in. T had taken everyone else home and put Lou down for a nap. We joined them when we were done and had a quick lunch before heading back to the gyms for Boo's 1pm game. Lou hadn't had time to eat so she spent almost the entire game eating her lunch. That was very helpful in keeping her occupied! She loves to eat. :) 


I cannot believe how much these girls have learned in six weeks! It was so fun to watch them!


I think Peaches took this picture. :) 


Fun with Daddy!

 

This game was super fun to watch because they were well matched and played really hard! It was close the whole game, but near the end they went up and ended up winning by around ten points.

  

It has been so fun to watch Boo as she improved over the season! She went from knowing nothing about basketball to being a pretty good little player! If she keeps practicing I think she could be a star player!

  

Peanut's second game was at 3pm and although I really should have taken Lou home for a nap I was pretty sure it would be her last game and I didn't want to miss it! I took the other four out to the playground while she warmed up with her team. From inside it looked warm and sunny out. From outside it was sunny but pretty darn cold. 

 

They still had fun running around for twenty minutes and getting a few wiggles out.
 
 

One last game!


The little ones played with things I had in the diaper bag. They were so busy. :P

 

I think Peanut had way more fun talking to her friends than playing. Haha.


SO CUTE!


 Peanut improved a lot too, but it's hard to make a lot of headway with only one practice a week. I think she only had 6 practices and 6 games. It is a very short season. But she did great, had fun, and we are very proud of her for trying something new!!


 Boo's last game was at 8pm so I wasn't able to go. :(  T said she did great and had fun though. I'm glad they had this opportunity to try basketball. They are already looking forward to next year!



We are proud of our little "ballers"!

No comments:

Post a Comment