Tuesday, January 21, 2020

NYNY!

We hosted a NYNY (New York New Year) All-Church game night on New Year's Eve! Only a few people had told us they were coming so we were expecting a pretty low turn out. We were totally surprised to end up with 62 people! Now that we've discovered New York New Year I don't think we'll ever go back. It's perfect for celebrating with kids. You get to party and have fun and watch the ball drop in Times Square at 9 and be home and in bed before 10. Haha.

Auntie Nina had given Lou this outfit for her birthday and I thought it was perfect for New Year's with the gold! So cute!!


I lost count of how many games the girls played. They had so much fun with the friends who came!

 

This picture is too tiny to see much but you can see we had a good group!


There were enough players for a two table tournament of Pinochle. T got to play and had a lot of fun. 


This little cutie kept me pretty busy. 


Her: you're-not-doing-what-I-want-you-to-do face. :P


Me, M, and Peanut built literally dozens of towers for her to knock down. 


And about halfway through the night she started to try to stack them instead of just demolishing them. 


C asked Peanut to play Connect 4. :)


And the girls had a blast with this funny chicken game I had never seen before. 


 The kids lasted about two hours and then ran off to play hide and seek, race down the hall, and other loud and crazy games. We only had one incident where Peaches got her thumb slammed in a door.  :(

The girls and I had bought noise makers at the Dollar Store (first mistake). I naively thought they would blow them at midnight and that would be that. I wish you could hear the noise accompanying this picture. I put out the noisemakers about five minutes before midnight (second mistake) and they found them right away and we had about a 20 minute total symphony of noise. :P 

3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!



 All in all it was a great night though and I couldn't believe how well Lou did!! At home she nurses at 7:30, usually falls asleep and I lay her in her crib no later than 8. Every now and then if we have something going on we'll get home late, but she's never nursed past 8 and she's usually screaming if that happens. I figured I'd just wait and nurse her when she started getting fussy but she never did! 7:30 passed. 8 passed. 8:30. 9! She never made a peep! I guess there was just so much going on she was really distracted. I figured she would lose it at 9:20 (it took a while to clean up) when I put her in the car seat to go home (happens often), but she just sat there looking around. And again, I thought she would scream all the way home (also happens often), or fall asleep, but she just sat there not making a peep. We got home, she nursed, fell asleep, and I put her in bed! Such a nice surprise! I hope it's a foretelling of an easier yet to come. Haha!

We hope you all had a wonderful New Year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment