Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Christmas Continued

Ok these first four got left out of yesterdays post. More checking out of the big gifts. 

 
 
I know a lot of people do the three gift thing...I think it's something like need, read, want? I guess we have unintentionally followed that pattern. We usually only do one big gift for the girls, a gift of books, and then stocking stuffers which are mostly things they need...bandaids, toothbrushes and toothpaste, school supplies, etc.  

Our first night at Noni's T, Lou, and I all slept in the back bedroom. She kept waking up and crying and about 3:30 I finally put her in bed with us but none of us got a good night's sleep. The next two nights T and I moved to the other guest room and let her have the big one all to herself. Lol. But we all slept better. All that to say you can tell how tired I am in this picture. Haha.


Time out for breakfast!



After breakfast we let the girls dive into their stockings!


Bandaids.


They each got a movie. K: Lego Movie 2, S: Aladdin, A: Penguins, E: The Star.


Markers.


Crayons, candy, gum.


Flossers, chapsitck.


Fingernail clippers and files.

 

Lou loves Papa. She is always toddling over to him for hugs or to be picked up. :)


I tried to let her open her stocking on the couch, but she just kept trying to get down.

 

So Daddy helped her.




Then we let them pass out the big gifts and get to opening.

Noni and Papa got Bug and Boo the coolest bibles I've ever seen! They are written like a graphic novel! I had never seen these before, but they are amazing!


The girls all got awesome "experience" gifts from the family this year. Movie tickets from Aunt Karen, McDonalds cards from Uncle S and Aunt J, aquarium tickets from Aunt N and Uncle M, shopping cards from Mama, spending money from Pawpaw and Nana, and a gift card to the pottery place and Sonic from Uncle K and Aunt J (we always get Sonic before we go). :) They are so excited to use them all!!!


Lou was definitely happy to open presents now that she had it figured out from her birthday. :)


She just didn't understand which were hers. :)


Peanut and Peaches got light pillow pets from Noni and Papa...or as Peaches calls them, "Colors!" Bug and Boo got them several years ago and she is always asking if she can use their colors at bedtime.



So happy!



Lou thought the box made a good chair. :)


And she helped me open my presents. 


T got me a Robot Braava jet! It is like a Roomba but it sweeps AND mops! You just change the pad on it and it automatically knows which one to do! So cool!


That afternoon Peanut ran off and I later found my phone with no battery and dozens of pictures like this...


She kept setting up her Calico Critters doing things. I love the tongs holding the fish. :)

Noni made an amazing ham dinner for Christmas! So good!


And then we taught T and the girls Canasta! It's always been one of my favorites but it takes a long time and uses SIX decks of cards so we'd never tried to teach them before. The girls caught on super quickly and we played several rounds!


The car was CRAZY full on the way home, but of course T, the packing wizard, managed to fit it all in. 


We all had to have things on our laps on the way home.


I got the wiggliest. :)


What a wonderful, relaxing, and FUN celebration of Jesus' birth! Thank you Noni and Papa for such a wonderful time!!! 

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment