Monday, July 22, 2019

"PBS"

Peaches loves to watch PBS Kids on the iPad or computer so everyday, no matter how many times we told her it was V-BS she continued to call it "PBS". 

We did the Incredible Race this year and it was a hit! Miss K found these fun flags that instantly transformed the sanctuary into VBS station and I decorated the walls with the five continents we were "visiting". 


The girls love to get up on the stage and sing with Pastor S! 



Since Buggy is out of elementary now she is too old for VBS! Sad! But she helped me in the kitchen all week so we had fun. 

Our first day was South America so we did "Terrific Tacos". Bug came up with the name and made the sign.


Sugar cookie shells, chocolate cake crumbled up for the meat, green coconut for the lettuce, Twizzlers for the tomatoes, and shredded yellow fondant for the cheese. :) 

 

Peaches had so much fun the first two days and couldn't wait to tell me all about the fun stuff she did with her friends!


Tuesday was Asia so we did "sushi" which was actually rice crispy treats with fruit roll ups and Swedish fish. I thought they turned out super cute!


Game time for Peanut!



Peaches did great in the preschool room for the first two days.


Cutie pies!



They did songs at the beginning and the end.

 


Some of these pictures were taken by Mr. B, one of our visiting missionaries. This is Lou's inquisitive face. Haha.


My helper delivering snacks. :)

 

I was extra glad to have Bug (and another teenagers)'s help because I stubbed my toe really bad on Sunday night...I think I broke it because it was purple and hurt for several weeks. I was limping around the whole VBS week and couldn't put any weight on the front half of my right foot. :(

Wednesday was pudding in three different shades to celebrate that no matter what shade our skin is we are all one race and all one tribe of God's children!


Peaches wasn't too sure about going to class on Wednesday but Bug and I managed to talk her into it. Bug went in and got a couple pictures of her because I knew she would want to come with me if I did.



On the way to the next class.



Mr.B took these next couple.


Great friends!


The way our VBS works is that the grade levels switch stations every 30ish minutes. The stations are games, lesson, crafts, and memory verse/snack.


 

 

Here is where Bug and I spent most of the week!


Thursday I did British jello. For some reason Jello is the most adored snack so I have to figure out a way to fit it in every year. This was the only thing I could think of. I bought little British flag toothpicks and Bug and J stuck Swedish fish into each cup.


Thank goodness for my friend K. When we first arrived Lou would sit in her car seat and watch us for about 20-30 minutes before getting crabby. Then K would walk around with her until it was time for her to nap. Thankfully I turned a fan on and she napped really well every day in her carseat in the prayer room where it was dark.

  

Peanut was happy to have her friend T here from Mexico!



Peaches was done with the toddler class by Thursday and hung out with us in the kitchen or colored.


Friday was colder as you can see, but by mid day it had warmed up.


Noni was off of jury duty on Fridays so she was able to come the last day and kept Lou happy until it was time for nap. She also kept track of Peaches and went into the preschool room with her for a while.


Here's Bug and J making our last snack...hamburgers!


They were actually cupcakes, but they really did look like hamburgers!


The boys pulled a huge upset in the fundraiser! We were raising money for bibles with the Voice of the Martyrs and the last day the money was counted and the girls won! There was much screaming and excitement as Bug and her friend F put up the totals.


But then a little boy walked up to the stage and said he forgot to put his money in...$100! And the boys won! It was quite funny!


I didn't hear the exact count but there were several salvations, and everyone I talked to had a great week!


Another wonderful VBS in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment