Monday, April 15, 2019

Shower!

T asked his parents for one this for his birthday...help getting started on the basement shower project. Grandma and Grandpa came over that weekend and the guys worked downstairs for most of the day.

Grandma taught the girls a new card game and got in some baby snuggles. :) 


:)


The guys first put up the waterproof backing.



And then started tiling. Little did I know this would be such a huge project! I looked at dozens of tiles and just couldn't find anything I liked, so I decided to just go with a simple subway tile. Simple so I thought. Because we planned to use dark gray grout T had to be super meticulous. He spent an hour or two every night for two weeks working on it.




Then once that was done he spent his nights filling in the cracks with the grout and cleaning it perfectly. 

I am so thankful for all his hard work though because it turned out beautifully! I love it! 


And I'm especially going to love not sharing our shower with the girls and finding my shampoo and conditioner squirted out all over the tub. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment