Thursday, April 4, 2019

4 Month Check Up

Daddy came home to watch the big girls so I could take D to her 4 month checkup. She proved what I have suspected...that she will just stay awake if not put down for a nap no matter how tired she is. Her appointment was right during nap time, but she was wide awake, and pretty happy as long as I held her.


I was very thankful to find that she's gone up on the percentage chart! She weighed in at 13 pounds 9 ounces and went from the 25% to 32% since her two month checkup. Whew. She actually went down in the length though. She was at the 75% at two months and now she is in the 50% at 25.25 inches. The doctor didn't seem worried. Her head circumference stayed in the 75%. She's got a big noggin I guess. Haha.

She did wonderful with the doctor and seemed amused when he checked her eyes, ears, lungs, and tummy. She was not happy about the oral rotovirus vaccine, and she had to have two shots. :( The first one she didn't even flinch, but the second one she did the whole intake of breath for several seconds before screaming her head off. :( Thankfully it only lasted a minute and I got her calmed down, but then she started screaming again when I had to put her in the car seat.


But within 2 minutes she was fast asleep.


This was one of the last nights that she had a late night nap. She had been eating at 9:30 and not going to bed until 11 so I shifted her schedule (with the help of daylight saving...first time it's actually been useful) so that she would start eating at 8:30 and going to bed at 9:30. It worked out well.


For a couple weeks she kept having really fussy nursing sessions where she would eat for a few minutes and then start crying and crying and just would not calm down. Finally I figured out to switch her back and forth because my lactation consultant said she might be getting upset about a lull in the milk flow. It got really bad there for a few days. This is what I had to do one night to get her to sleep. 

 

Thank goodness she stopped doing it a couple days ago and has been doing much better. I swear this little one is just bent on shaking up my "normal"! She has been so different than all her sisters. I feel like a first time mom with her...never knowing what crazy thing she is going to pull next. Haha. Hurricane toddler and unpredictable baby...God must be trying to teach me how to be more flexible and more dependent on Him! I hope I get it down soon...I'm tired of the lessons. Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment