Whew! I still feel like we are on a roller coaster with this little one, but she is doing SO much better! Our prayers were answered and she has been exclusively nursing since December 29th! And most importantly gaining weight steadily while exclusively nursing! There were times I was sure we would never make it, but we did and I'm so happy! So is she...
She nurses a lot longer than any of the others have. She takes 25-30 minutes each side at every feeding, and would go even longer if I would let her, but at that point she's pretty much asleep. So we do a lot of sitting...6 hours a day just nursing. That doesn't even include the burping or between sides diaper change to wake her back up.
Unfortunately she is our worst spitter-upper, and it seems like most of that comes back up. :P I have tried everything I can think of, including giving up dairy for five weeks, and nothing seems to make any difference. She continually spits up 5-6 times after every feeding. One funny thing is that she burps herself. While eating she will start squirming until she burps and then resume eating. Haha.
As you can see she is a very happy girl and easily gives smiles to anyone who comes near. She was smiling so big when the doctor was checking her eyes. It was adorable.
Speaking of the doctor. Here are her stats from the 2 month check up...
Weight: 10 lbs. 7 oz. – 25%
Height: 23 in. – 75%
Head circumference – 75%
For comparison here are her sisters' stats. You can see she is quite the lightweight, but I was just happy she was on the charts at all! I was afraid she might not be.
Peaches' were:
Weight: 12 lbs. 13 oz. – 80%
Height: 23 1/4 in. – 75%
Head circumference – 50%
Peanut's were:
Weight: 11 lbs. 8 oz. – 50%
Height: 22 3/4 in. – 50%
Head circumference – 50%
Boo’s were:
Weight: 11 lbs. 9 oz. - 75%
Height: 23 1/8 inches - 80%
Head circumference - 75%
Bug's were:
Weight: 11 lbs. 14 oz. – 75%
Height: 23 1/8 inches – 75%
Head circumference: – 75%
She did very well at the doctor and only cried for a minute with her shots.
She is actually turning out to be a pretty easy-going baby at times. She will happily sit on the floor or in her rocker for 20-30 minutes while I make dinner or blog. She never cries anymore when she is getting her diaper changed or getting dressed...that is a happy improvement. She does hate getting her nails filed, and her boogers picked. Those both result in screaming baby!
She still naps after every feeding, and is nursing 6 times a day now, having dropped one of her nighttime feedings. At this age she should be sleeping at least 8 hours at a time, but she only goes 6....probably because she needs that extra milk to keep putting meat on those scrawny bones. Peaches was sleeping 10 hours straight at this point but she was also two and half pounds heavier! Check out these pictures if you don't believe me. Haha!
She has lost a little bit of hair, and is starting to get the back of the head bald spot :/ but she still has more hair than any of the others at this age!
She wears a bib almost constantly...I was surprised I was able to get the above pictures before this happened. Haha.
Hopefully month three brings longer stretches of sleep and less spitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment