Monday, April 11, 2016

Two Months

 Our little Peaches is growing so quickly! She is our big healthy girl! She is getting to be so much fun now that she is starting to interact with us more. 


She is our champion sleeper and is doing better than any of the others at this age. Peanut started sleeping through the night (8-9 hours) at 8 weeks and 2 days. Bug and Boo both started sleeping about 8 hours straight at the day before 9 weeks, and then by three months were sleeping 11 hours at a time. Peaches dropped a feeding at 7 weeks and 6 days. Unfortunately it was the 10PM feeding and not the 4AM feeding so after two days of that I started waking her up to eat at 10 and when I did that she dropped the 4. After a week she was sleeping 10 hours straight every night. Such a good girl! :) 


Some of the fun things she is doing right now are:
*cooing and “talking” - T is the best at getting her to converse. They talk up a storm. It's so cute.  When she is especially happy she says, “ah goo!”
*smiling – she is such a smiley girl! We all love to try to make her smile!
*holding her head up – she is quite the pro at this and loves to be held upright so she can see everything.
*trying to "crawl" – she pushes her legs so she can kind of scoot forward a tiny bit.  I don’t think she’ll do it for a long time yet, but she’s practicing with those muscles.
*enjoying tummy time! She never gets cranky on tummy time. When she gets tired she just snuggles down and tries to go to sleep. I think she would love to be a tummy sleeper if we would let her!


She also:
*is a spitter! She seems to spit up A LOT when I eat dairy so I've been trying to cut back. She's not nearly as bad as Bug was (with the lactose intolerance) but she definitely seems to be sensitive to it.
*is doing great with 3 month clothes. The jammies are the only thing getting tight. I think we'll be moving up to 6 month jammies soon.
*is drooling a lot at times! We’ve checked and don’t see anything.
*nurses 5-6 times a day, anywhere from 10-15 minutes on each side.  During the day she usually does about 12 minutes and then 10, and at her night feeding (somewhere between 9:30-10:30) she goes 15-20 minutes on each side.  She must know she needs to eat a lot so she can sleep longer.
*is down to 2 or 3 poopy diapers a day, but has 6 to 8 wet diapers (those overlap).
*has sensitive skin...we've been fighting diaper rash pretty much since she was born. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to help. I am trying to cut out tomatoes (one of my favorite foods!) to see if the acid in them is the problem. We actually got some medication at the dr. to try to get rid of it...so far it's not doing much but it's only been 2 days.
*is a big pee-er. She pees ALL the time! I don't know how she has that much in her! I try to give her 15 minutes of "air" time after every diaper change (when we are home) to help with the diaper rash and she always pees...sometimes twice.
*still has a fussy time in the late evening between her last two feedings of the night. She sleeps great in her crib during the day and all night, except for that time frame. If she gets to screaming too hard we will give up and either put her down in her car seat or I'll get the Moby wrap on and walk on the treadmill with her...she falls right to sleep. :P
*loves bath time! She will lounge and splash and look around for up to 30 minutes as long as we keep the water warm. She always fusses at me when I get her out. :)
*loves to sleep in her car seat. This is very handy for going anywhere...she falls right to sleep!



We went to the doctor last week her stats were:
 Weight: 12 lbs. 13 oz. – 80%
Height: 23 1/4 in. – 75%
Head circumference – 50%

Peanut's were:
Weight: 11 lbs. 8 oz. – 50%
Height: 22 3/4 in. – 50%
Head circumference – 50%

Boo’s were:
Weight: 11 lbs. 9 oz. - 75%
Height: 23 1/8 inches - 80%
Head circumference - 75% 

Bug's were:
Weight: 11 lbs. 14 oz. – 75%
Height: 23 1/8 inches – 75%
Head circumference: – 75%

So Peaches is the biggest! Although she was 2 months and 10 days by the time she had her appointment and I think the others were right at 2 months.

She is such a joy. She is a great snuggler and can light up a room with her double-dimple smile. We are so very thankful for our beautiful, happy, healthy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment