Wednesday, February 20, 2019

While the Cats are Away

The mice will play. Literally. We had been in the house for four months with not a single sign of a mouse and then one night in January T and I were talking in the schoolroom after the girls went to bed when my eye caught something...a mouse running down the hall! YUCK! We set up traps and caught him that night. And his brother the next night. And his sister the next. 

Yuck. Yuck. Triple yuck! But then we didn't get anybody else for the next week. We put poison all around the outside of the house and hoped that we had got them, but then we left for Arizona and Noni found new mouse droppings while we were away. Grr. 

But we haven't caught anything since so I'm not sure what's going on. Had they been in the walls this whole time and just came out four months later? Did they find a new spot to come in? I mean we have filled every single crack and crevice we could possibly find, but I know they can get through a hole the "size of a dime" so it's definitely possible. I'm hoping that we have seen the last of them, but T says not likely and that it's something I'm going to have to learn to live with being out in the country. :(

Anyway. The girls had tons of fun with Noni while we were away! We got some picture text updates. This is Peaches at church. "I'm so pwetty!"


I absolutely love our little "time outs" to Arizona, but this year I almost wished I wasn't going because my good friend Jami was here from Russia and I missed her! BOO!

She and her sweet daughter got to come to our church and then to our house for lunch and I missed it. :( But I'm glad the girls were able to enjoy them. They love A! 


Love these faces!


While we were gone Noni cleaned the house top to bottom! She even cleaned out the toaster oven! Haha! 


It was literally the cleanest it's EVER been. :)


Noni kept them going on their school work and got them to all their Class Connects. I think the girls and Noni spent three nights and our house and one at theirs. They got to play games with Mama.


They put on shows for Noni! 


And generally had a wonderful time.


Thankfully they were happy to see us after all that fun with Noni. Haha! Thank you thank you thank Noni for making our little getaway possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment