We have seen our share of spit up with the other four girls, but this one takes the cake. Like ALL the cake. She spits up SOO much!
Apparently there is something called a "happy spitter" meaning that the baby spits up a lot, but they aren't bothered by it so you really don't have a problem. Other than laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. I do a load of laundry for this little girl every single day. On my regular laundry day I have to pause and put a load for her in so we don't run out of bibs and burp rags even though we have tons. I just bought two more packs of bibs so we have over 20, and she still gets close to running out. She goes through 2 or 3 bibs after every feeding times 6 or 7 feedings a day...you get the idea.
These were some of my favorite jammies of Peaches and every time I would put them on she would spit up on them before I could even get her off the table! It happened three or four times so she only got to wear them twice before she outgrew them. :P
I have been debating giving her either gas drops, gripe water, or probiotics to see if it helps. On the one hand I feel like I should leave well enough alone, and on the other I think it might help her gain weight faster if she wasn't spitting up so much. Plus it's really sad to watch when it comes out her nose (happens a couple times a week) and she sputters, coughs, and chokes. :(
Bug, Peanut, and Peaches were all spitters too, and by cutting out dairy from my diet I was able to solve it. This time I cut it for five weeks and it didn't do anything!
Not only does she go through a couple outfits a day, if I'm not on the ball I do too. :P
This one doesn't look that bad but it went right down my shirt and puddled in my undershirt! Warm, wet, and chunky! Yuck!
They say most babies outgrow spitting up around 6 months so we've got a ways to go! Hopefully she'll outgrow it sooner than later...or we figure out a way to help her stop!
No comments:
Post a Comment