I love how our church frequently does performances! We usually do a big production every other year and a smaller thing on the off years. This year we headed back to the 50's!
I had a poodle skirt that I had gotten at a garage sale and worn for Halloween when Bug was a toddler, and I found another poodle skirt at a garage sale for 50 cents a few years later. It's been sitting in the dress up bin so we pulled it out and it fit Boo! I found pink dresses and black sweaters in Bug and Peanut's closets and they put tutus under them to make them poof out a little. Perfect!
We had two performances. The first night Grandma, Grandpa, and Mama came.
Mama and Peaches read some books while waiting for the show to start.
"Ooooh!"
The show was called "Uncle Phil's Diner" and they set up the church as if it were the diner. Each of the actors had a table that they were responsible to wait. The girls and I were part of the "Dinner Bells" entertainment. Pastor S was Uncle Phil and he was hilarious!
The Dinner Bells sang 5 or 6 songs...all traditional Christmas songs with funny words. Instead of Oh Christmas Tree it was Oh Gumdrop Tree, and Deck the Halls was Book the Halls: Call the diner up for Christmas, fa la la la la la la la la! And We Three Cooks instead of We Three Kings: We three cooks at Uncle Phil's learned, food is best when it is not burned!
And my favorite was Silverware instead of Silverbells: Bits of parsley, chunks of chili, crusted on everything! Hoping no one will see its dis-gusting! Silverware, silverware! The dishwasher broke at...the diner. All our cutlery, still dirty! How will we get through the day?
But, by far, the best part of the play was the 12 Days of Christmas. Our Pastor and Mr J did motions and it was HILARIOUS!
The girls were part of a cute little number where the lovesick teenager sings about his broken heart.
It was cute!
At the end of the play the kids "throw together" a nativity from items in the kitchen. Noni actually went to a lot of work to make their costumes from kitchen items and it was really cute. Boo was the angel and got to start Away in a Manager.
Bug was a wise man and her crown was a colander with spoons duct taped to it. Peanut's sheep costume was a tablecloth.
Robot commando!
I love this fun-loving group of people!
The second night our friends L and D came! Peaches really liked Miss L's sparkly reindeer shirt!
I told Bug to let me take a picture of her with the phone and this is what she did. Haha! They always talk on speaker phone. When I saw her do this I realized she didn't know how a corded phone actually works!
That's better. :)
Cutie Boo!
Each of the tables was a different organization having their Christmas party. The first night we sat at the Vegetarians for a Healthy Heart table and the second night we were the Loyal Order of Badgers, Gooooo Badgers!
There was a scene where each table had to decorate a gumdrop tree for a contest. Here is the girls' creation the second night.
Both shows went really well and it was a lot of fun to be a part of!
Merry Christmas from Uncle Phil's!
No comments:
Post a Comment