We had a wonderful Christmas break! We did some fun things, but we also spent a lot of time at home relaxing and just being together as a family. Most of that was due to Lego. A couple of years ago we decided to make a town layout with all the Lego buildings and got started, but Peanut was so little she destroyed it all faster than we could build it so we gave up. Now that she is older we decided to give it another go. We spent hours and hours in the basement over Christmas break.
Heading down!
I spent most of my time sorting. T and I even stayed up late and watched movies while sorting after the kids went to bed.
Uncle Jason and Aunt Heather gave them Home for Christmas and one night we plugged it in for them downstairs while we sorted.
Peaches was kept contained in her little area whenever we went down. The first couple of times she did great, but now she only last about half an hour before she gets fussy.
The town is coming along nicely. I'll have to post pictures soon!
T took off a week and a half, but on one of the days when he was still working Noni and I took the girls to paint pottery since we were already in town for their dentist appointment. We remain cavity free for all three!
Boo chose a reindeer (moose?) mug.
Peanut chose a Santa mug. She did so well! She sat here for over two hours painting happily on her little mug.
They both wanted their own special mug for when we drink hot chocolate.
Bug had a hard time deciding, but eventually went with the Nativity set. She went for an artistic feel and didn't give them any facial features. I think it turned out really well.
We have some bowls in this exact shape and I love them but they're getting a little chipped/worn so I decided for the next few years I'll paint a bowl every time we go. Blue was my first choice and on the inside I did 6 hearts for the 6 of us. :)
Here's how everything turned out. They did a great job!
Some of our friends didn't get to go ice skating because they were snowed in, so when they did make it out they came over to the Grange and the kids roller skated and biked around for an hour or so. Peaches was napping so I didn't get to go, but my friend sent me these pictures.
Haha!
Peanut got to attend an adorable birthday party on New Year's Eve. It was called Pancakes&Pajamas and they made pillow cases and cereal necklaces. She had a great time and came home talking all about it.
That night we had some friends over for dinner. They had to leave around 8 to get their little ones in bed so we didn't let the girls stay up, but T and I stayed up till midnight (as we did almost every night of the break) and listened to all the fireworks going off.
Fun at Noni's!
We had Chinese food at our favorite place on Aunt Wendy's last night before she went back home to California.
Lots of fun new memories. What a great Christmas break! Now we're back to school/work and plugging away towards summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment