Our sweet Boo is 7 today! She is growing up so quickly. She is turning into quite the little lady. She is very mature and responsible so I always feel like she is older than she really is. Boo is my big helper and super hardworker. She is always the one who pitches in and helps me around the house, gets me anything I need, and just generally looks for opportunities to serve others.
Boo is very thoughtful. She seems to be always on the lookout for how she can make something better for others. Her dance teacher sent me a text the other day. It said, "I wanted to tell you how sweet "S" was with the new girl last night. She took her under her wing and helped her and talked to her. "J" opened right up. "S" is such a nice girl." That sure warms a mother's heart! :)
Boo finally kicked her thumb sucking habit! This was a BIG
accomplishment for her as we have been working on it for, quite
literally, years! I finally gave up and bought some liquid stuff to put
on her nails even though all the reviews I read said that it made kids
throw up it tasted so bad and was pretty traumatizing. She knew all about it, and the minute the
package came she was done. I haven't seen her thumb in her mouth since. Which is incredible because before we were telling her to get her thumb
out of her mouth at least 20x a day. Best $7 we ever spent! Haha!
Boo is very self-motivated. She often has all of her schoolwork (that she can do on her own) done by the time I get up in the morning. She is very much like me in that likes to buckle down and get done with her work quickly so she can enjoy the rest of her day. She is doing really well with her schoolwork and is very smart. She always scores at the top of the charts in all the testing. 1st grade has been a little disappointing for her in that it there has been no challenge. It still "too easy" she says.
Boo is doing fantastic in dance and is SO MUCH fun to watch up on the stage. She is really hoping to do soccer this year. Because of age differences she and K will have to be on separate softball teams this year so we thought it might be a good time to give soccer a try instead. We're not 100% sure that we're going to sign her up but it's a good possibility.
Boo stays busy at church with Sunday School and Awana. She did an amazing job in the Christmas play this year and it was so fun to watch her leading the Nativity set in "Away in a Manger". Some exciting news for our family is that the 3 older girls were asked to be in a play this Spring! It is at the private Christian school that we hope to send them to for High School. They are doing Sound of Music and the girls are going to be some of the VonTrapp children. There has been much excitement and singing going on around here lately!
Here is her birthday interview:
1. Favorite color: orange
2. Favorite toy: my new Barbie set!
3. Favorite fruit: strawberries
4. Favorite TV show: Fetch
5. Favorite lunch: Tribune
6. Favorite outfit: This one!
7. Favorite game: Whit's End
8. Favorite snack: An apple
9. Favorite animal: Tiger
10. Favorite song: Jesus is Coming Soon
11. Favorite book: I Do Not Want to Get Up Today
12. Your best friend: Jesus! (love this!)
13. Favorite Cereal: Multi-Grain (Cheerios)
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Adventuring!
15. Favorite drink: Pink Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Easter
17. Favorite breakfast: Blueberry scones
18. What do you like to take to bed: My new Bearie (from her and Noni's special birthday day, yesterday)
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mommy
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Pizza
1. Favorite color: orange
2. Favorite toy: my new Barbie set!
3. Favorite fruit: strawberries
4. Favorite TV show: Fetch
5. Favorite lunch: Tribune
6. Favorite outfit: This one!
7. Favorite game: Whit's End
8. Favorite snack: An apple
9. Favorite animal: Tiger
10. Favorite song: Jesus is Coming Soon
11. Favorite book: I Do Not Want to Get Up Today
12. Your best friend: Jesus! (love this!)
13. Favorite Cereal: Multi-Grain (Cheerios)
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Adventuring!
15. Favorite drink: Pink Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Easter
17. Favorite breakfast: Blueberry scones
18. What do you like to take to bed: My new Bearie (from her and Noni's special birthday day, yesterday)
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mommy
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Pizza
Dear Boo,
Happy Birthday my sweet girl! Do you know how much I love you?? You couldn't possibly. Because I can't even put it into words. I hope you DO become a Mommy one day and then you will know this indescribable love that I have for you.
You are amazing. You are one of the most precious things in my life and I can't imagine life without you. You bring so much joy and laughter to our lives. You are smart and funny and beautiful, and our family is blessed beyond measure to have you in it.
It's hard to believe you are 7 years old today! We have had 7 beautiful, wonderful years with you and I hope we have so, so many more! I am so incredibly proud of you. You are growing each and every day, not just in body but in spirit and mind.
You love to read your bible, and you have a faith in God that continues to grow deeper and deeper. I pray that He continues to bless you with a heart for Him. Watching you get baptized this year was one of the most wonderful moments of my life, and I am so happy that you are choosing to follow Him with all your heart. Keep going down that path and you will never go wrong.
I love you my sweet girl. Thank you for all that you do for our family. Thank you for just being you. You are so loved.
Love, Mommy
Happy birthday to a beautiful inside and out 7 year old!!
ReplyDelete