Thursday, July 21, 2016

Happy Birthday Mama!

 Mama's birthday was a day of fun! The girls and I headed out as soon as we were up and ready which ended up being around 10...we're going to have a hard time getting back to a school schedule! 

We spent almost the whole day playing games! Dominoes was our main choice so we could be outside. You can see it wasn't warm. We are finally starting to get some warmer weather...in the 80's when we are normally hitting 100, but it's actually been pretty pleasant. I would be thrilled to live in a place where it is 80 degrees year round! This particular day it was closer to 70.


Silly Peanut! She seems so grown up to me lately but every now and then I remember that she's still pretty little and just wants to be cuddled. :)


The girls got tired of playing Dominoes and wanted to build houses with them. Funny Bug.


Pretty girls posing for a picture.


I asked Mama what she wanted for her birthday lunch and she picked lemon chicken from the Chinese food place we like so I went and got it. When I came back I found the girls having a ball.

This was the highlight of their day. I think it gave me a few more gray hairs...especially the two times they turned suddenly and were riding on two wheels for a few seconds. :P But they LOVED it!


They sure got their exercise. I don't know how many times they went up and down this hill but it was A LOT! 

Pretty proud of themselves!


 Sometimes there's nothing better than some good old fashioned fun, made more exciting by a little element of danger. Haha :)

T came over after he got off work and Papa grilled hamburgers for us. Then it was time for presents and lemon pie.


She got some sweet gifts.


But her biggest gift came a few days later. For Mother's Day and her birthday the family all pitched in to a golf cart fund. Her current one was over 50 years old and couldn't hold a charge for more than a few hours. It was definitely past it's prime. T found this one on Craig's List and Noni and Papa went to pick it up. It's gas instead of battery powered and has quite a bit of get-up-and-go. She is thrilled with her new "buggy"! :)


We are so blessed to have such an amazing woman in our lives. She is such a great example for all of us. She leads a ladies' bible study once a week and picks up other ladies who can't drive for both that and church on Sunday mornings. She makes hundreds of cards every year for my Aunt's churches' prison ministry, and she is a prayer warrior for many. I hope I can be such a wonderful servant for God when I am 85! Happy birthday Mama! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that wagon ride is hilarious and cute!! I would be getting gray hairs too!!

    ReplyDelete