Every year during the town "days" there is always a chalk drawing contest. I was (mistakenly) under the impression that you have to sign up for it the week before so we have never done it. This year I finally got the 411 on it, and the morning of the contest we headed down to sign up.
They give you a square of the sidewalk downtown and you get to draw whatever you want. Buggy planned her scene and even practiced it the night before at home.
Boo wanted to do the town float. The details were amazing! Next year we'll just have to try to do it a little larger.
Peanut loves to do chalk at home, but her attention span didn't last long and she kept wanting to walk on her sisters' drawings. :P
Little trouble-maker lurking in the background. Haha :)
I was so impressed with Buggy's dimension detail! She is quite the talented little artist!
Peanut's drawings. A flower, a te, our family, and a big purple splotch. :)
Boo's finished product. It was pretty much detail for detail of this year's float.
Buggy came up with this all on her own. A house, barn, tree with a girl swinging, and a pond. Then she wrote the saying, "A day in the country is worth a month in town." which is on a sign I made for Noni years ago. Very creative!
After they finished we went across the street to where some of their friends' squares were and they helped them with their drawings. I just love how friendly and fun our little town is. It's a little like going back in time when neighbors cared about each other and actually lived life together.
We headed home so I could feed the baby and then walked back downtown and met Daddy for lunch. Afterwards we walked over to see their drawings and then he went back to work while we stopped in the park for a bit to play. Peaches loves to be outside and look at all the fun things! I thought I would let her see the "baby in the phone" but she was too busy watching her sisters!
These kiddos have energy for days!
Swing fun!
I looked over to find this...
"Uh oh, it looks like someone needs a nap today!"
"Who me?"
"No Mommy! See I'm happy!"
Monkey!
We went back later and discovered this above Buggy's drawing! Way to go Bug! We are so proud of you!
What a fun day!
Love Bug's drawing!!!! And so awesome that she got 1st place!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Buggy! That looks like so much fun. We'd never be able to do that here - the kids would fry on the sidewalk. :)
ReplyDelete