Monday, May 23, 2016

The Angels Are Rejoicing

Luke 15:10 tells us ...there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. And last week they were singing over our precious Peanut when she decided to ask Jesus into her heart! 



We are so happy that she has made this life-changing decision! She had been talking about it the week before but when I asked her if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. She said, "Not right now. I'm going to ask Jesus into my heart when the snow comes again." I thought that was interesting but I didn't push her. I said ok and let it drop.

Then a few mornings later we were sitting at the breakfast table and were doing our devotion when she said, "I believe in God!" I was thinking she still wasn't ready so I didn't do anything, but I noticed that she and Bug went into the living room. Bug came to me a few minutes later and said, "Mommy, Peanut asked Jesus into her heart! I helped her!" I guess Bug questioned her like I had done, and then helped her pray. She told me that she helped Peanut ask God to forgive her of her sins and come into her heart. So wonderful!

I took Peanut into my room to double check that she understood everything.

1) that she sins, Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

 2) that her sin separates her from God, Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

3) that Jesus died to pay the price for her sins, Second Corinthians 5:21 says, "He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we may be made the righteousness of God through Him."

4) and that He rose again for her, and all she has to do is believe and confess. Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Such a simple process that even a child can understand it. Simple, but not easy. It's hard to give it over to God and give Him the control. I think it's probably much easier to come to Him as a child...before we develop the habits of doing things our own way. I showed her Romans 10:9 in the bible we prayed again and thanked God for coming into her heart.

 Then we had to call Daddy, Noni, Mama, and Grandma and tell them the good news! We had plans to spend the day at home doing laundry and cleaning house, but after such a momentous decision we couldn't just sit around! Daddy had board meeting and couldn't have lunch so we headed in to town and took lunch to Noni and Papa's and spent the day with them. It was a wonderful way to celebrate Peanut's first re-birthday! 

Here's a little video I took of her on May 19th, 2016, the day Peanut's name was written in the Lamb's book of life!


We love you precious girl! And we are so thankful that you have made this decision - the most important decision of your life! I pray that from this day forward you will grow mighty and strong in your faith and may He always be first and foremost in your heart and in your life! Hold fast to Jesus baby girl and you will never go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment