Monday, May 2, 2016

Opening Day

 I am so happy that the girls are playing softball this year! We thought for a while that Boo wasn't going to be able to play because we found out it was 7 and up, but they ended up needing just a few extra players to be able to make two teams: Minors and Majors, so they allowed 6 year olds to join. Boo is the youngest on the team, I believe, but she's doing a great job keeping up with everyone! We had the big opening day ceremonies where all of the Little League players get their chance to run around the bases.

Bug.


Boo. 
 

They're having a great time!


They had a bouncy house this year so Peanut bounced and bounced while each of the 150+ kids had their turn around the bases. 

 

The girls were so excited to learn that their team is the Peaches. :) Buggy looks so grown up in her uniform!


Cutie pie!
 

After the opening day ceremonies I took Peaches home to feed her and Daddy and the girls stayed and ate at the Lion's Club BBQ. Then we met over at the softball field for their first game! 

Boo playing right field! 

  

We had been practicing throwing the ball around and I just knew they were going to break their glasses (K's glasses were actually already broke from rough housing with Daddy and being held together with tape at the time of their first practice) so we went and bought them softball face masks. I know they probably aren't the most comfortable thing in the world, but they've been wearing them without complaining...too much. :P
 
Buggy at 2nd base.


Peanut found a new best friend...one of the other little sisters. They colored, picked dandelions, found ladybugs, and gathered "nature".



Peaches took a long nap in her carrier. It was actually a beautiful day...low 70's and sunny!

 

Boo up to bat! She looks so tiny out there!


She didn't get a hit but gave it good effort!


There's Buggy on 2nd and Boo in center field.


Buggy up to bat.




She got a walk and got on base.


 The game lasted for almost two and half hours! I'm hoping the next ones are a little shorter! I actually ended up missing the end because I had to take Peaches home and feed her again. Bug and Boo did an awesome job though and had a lot of fun with their friends. We're looking forward to a great softball season! Gooooo Peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment