Monday, May 18, 2015

"Laugh With Me!" - Part 28

Wow, I haven't posted one of these for K since last June! I guess she's getting to the age where she doesn't have funny slip-ups very often anymore. Here are the last of the ones I have written down for her.

July 6th

Passing a Petco (back when we still had Lottie). K: "Petco! Let's stop and get another hamster!" Me: "No!" She shakes her head, like I'm being silly, "Not for US for Grandma and Grandpa!" (that would have truly been funny!) :)

August 6th

She saw a quail run out across the road, and must have been imagining miniature forest creatures because she called out, "Mama! Don't hit that wee little deer!"

September 9th

We live in a VERY un-diverse town. There are literally only a couple of darker skinned people. We were out in the back yard when Daddy asked, "Bug, what are you doing?" She was rubbing sand/dirt all over Boo's back. K: shrugs, "She said she wanted to look like B". (a girl from church with darker skin).


October 18th

I was shopping for some...personal items...and was going to run into the mall quickly on my own while T took everyone else to a different store. T: "Mommy is going into the mall for a minute on her own. K: "I want to go!" T: "No. Not until you are...14. Then you and Mommy can go shopping together for big girl things. K: "But Mommy will be TOO OLD by then!"

October 22nd

We were in the plane heading to Auntie Katherine's wedding. Bug was looking out the window at the peaks of the mountains. "NO one could live in those mountains because their house would be tipped!"

November 27th

K: "I really like my little sister right now." Me: "What do you mean?" K: "Right this second! I really like her!" Me: "But she's not even in the room." K: "I know! She's nice and quiet!"

:)

1 comment: