Well, we got the news that our computer is terminal. Bummer. :( The Geek Squad apparently tried all sorts of things, and came to the official conclusion that "this machine needs to be replaced". :P
It seems like we are SO hard on computers! Does everyone else have to replace their computer every 2-3 years?? Because that's about how often we do. T's IT guy at work told him that is normal, but I sure wish it wasn't.
It's kind of funny, but somehow I expect things to last longer, or get better or improve. I guess that is just my soul longing for heaven, where things aren't going to start deteriorating the minute you get them. Where things WILL get better and better. It reminds me of the verses in Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But
store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
So I guess I can be thankful for crashing computers and kid's clothes that get ruined with one wearing, and food that spoils before we can eat it, and frayed edges, and torn pages and the HUNDRED'S of items our little dog chews up in a week. They're all a reminder to store up my treasures in heaven, because all this stuff on Earth is just temporary. We can't take any of it with us, and I really wouldn't want to.
Buryat New Year
6 years ago
Amen! One of my favorite scriptures is Col 3:2 Set your mind on the things above and not on the things of this earth. I just saw a Jim Elliot quote today "He is no fool to give what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
ReplyDelete