Okay, let’s see if I can get back on track…
We had our end of the year AWANA celebration a few weeks ago. It was another great year of serving and learning for our family!
Noni was SO helpful to take Peanut for me even though she isn’t technically old enough to be a Cubbie. Being a Secretary is MUCH easier without a mini-sidekick. :)
Noni always makes up cute little treats for the kids at the end of the year awards ceremony. She and Miss Sparky passed them out. All the kids LOVE Miss Sparky. She’s like a second Grandma to most of them!
Here’s Peanut getting her award. Next year she’ll be an official Cubbie although she did a pretty good job this year! She said lots of verses!
And sweet Boo! She will be our big Sparky next year! She’s had three years of Cubbies (she went early also, they’re only supposed to have two). I can’t believe how big she’s getting!
We are so blessed to have Noni as the Cubbie leader! Everyone loves her, and she always does SUCH a great job with the little ones! She is organized and efficient, and loves on each one of those little balls of energy! She keeps 15ish 3 and 4 year olds running smooth in a little room for two hours each Wednesday. I don’t know how she does it!
Our grown-up Buggy girl is going to be in TNT next year! The 3rd through 6th grade segregate so she’ll have all girls in her group next year. She did great at step-up night so I think she’ll love it!
And she earned a Sparky plaque! To earn it you have to complete the book all three years, K-2. Only she and one other boy got the award. We’re so proud of our Buggy girl! She has so learned SO many verses in order to earn this award. Love it.
I love working at AWANA but it’s always nice when it’s done for the year and we can reclaim our Wednesday evenings. We’re planning to enjoy our summer off but we’re already looking forward to next year!
Yay for Sparkies and Cubbies!! Great job on scripture memory!! I'm digging those cool pants and grown up shoes Buggy! : )
ReplyDelete