On Friday we had Peanut’s official birthday party. Instead of a theme I just did the colors orange and pink, with lots of polka dots! Noni knew what the colors were and just happened to bring polka-dotted balloons! We tried to get a family picture before the festivities began (ie: before the kids got dirty). :) Three squirmy girls make it hard to take a picture! :)
I ordered the cake from our little bakery. It turned out really cute! The gal forgot to make the small smash cake though so T ran to Safeway and bought one they had. I saw (on Pinterest of course) an idea to scoop ice cream into cupcake holders before the party and then put the tray in the freezer so you don’t have to spend the time doing it during the party. It worked like a charm! Our centerpiece for the table was a jar of peanuts for our little Peanut. :)
We had a yummy dinner of pork chops, a green salad (from our garden), garlic bread, baked beans, southern style green beans (also from our garden) and potatoes, and a pink jello salad from Grandma. That was the birthday girl’s favorite. She loved it!
After dinner we set out the presents.
Once again she was more interested in the pool…here she is trying to make her way through the presents to get to it.
Daddy redirected her and helped her get going.
Then she finally started getting the hang of it.
“Really? For me?”
I used her birthday as an excuse to buy her a few outfits, socks, and hairbows. Being the third girl she pretty much wears nothing but hand-me-downs, and I very rarely buy her clothes.
Noni put a bow in her comb-over. :)
Izzy thought that was funny. :) Grandma and Grandpa gave her a bath toy that squirts water. She pulled the squirter off and started sucking on the other end…it did look just like a straw!
Boo was more excited than she was to open presents. :)
She got all sorts of great presents! And lots of birthday money too! I think we’ll do something really exciting and put it in her college fund. Haha :) She’s at an age that she won’t notice extra presents but she’ll be very thankful later if we save it for her! We have all three of the girls signed up for one of those programs where you buy college credits at todays prices, and the best part is that they can use it nearly any private or public college in the country and even a few international schools accept it! She’ll definitely appreciate that later. :)
After presents we sang Happy Birthday.
She loved it this time! She even gave us claps afterwards. “Good singing guys!”
We got a video, but I still can’t get the YouTube to connect so I’ll try to upload the videos on Blogger tomorrow.
Then it was time to smash some cake! I realized that I was going to have a messy deck on my hands so I quickly taped up/down some plastic tablecloths for easy cleanup. Which ended up being unnecessary because, other than my accidentally sticking her foot in the cake, she barely touched it.
She gave it a two handed pat…
And that was about it!
She tried shaking off the frosting, and when that didn’t work she licked it off.
But not before doing a little finger painting. :)
“Yep. Pretty good.”
And that was that. She crawled over to the pool and when I tried to put her back she fussed so I didn’t push the issue. Cleanest smash cake ever!
Then it was time for the rest of us to enjoy some cake. Here’s a close up.
And the inside…the top layer was white with raspberry filling and the bottom was chocolate with Bavarian cream.
I didn’t manage to get a picture with Grandma and Grandpa, but here’s Noni, Papa, and the girls. Thanks for coming to help us celebrate everybody!
Happy Birthday Peanut!
Looks like a great party! I love the orange and pink theme and the cake is fantastic. Your peanut centerpiece was just perfect too. What an adorable 1 year old you have! :)
ReplyDeleteFUN! Love the polka dot theme and the cake turned out really cute!! The birthday girl looks extra adorable in her little tutu skirt! We have the GET program set up for our girls too and I agree they will probably appreciate that more than all the extra gifts now:)
ReplyDelete