Our little Peanut has changed so much in her first year of life. I love all the funny expressions she has. Her personality is larger than life these days and so much fun! Her most prominent feature is her smile. I love how happy she is. She smiles any time we look in her direction.
She is also full of MISCHEIF! See this smile right here? She makes that face a lot and it is her devious, “Hmmm…what can I get into?” face. She goes searching around the house looking for things she can’t have!
She is starting to attempt to stand but we are still pretty far away from walking, I would guess. It’s interesting that both her sisters started walking days before their 1st birthdays, but she doesn’t have much interest. On the other hand, she talks a LOT more than they ever did at this age.
Even though she’s not into walking she can now, very easily, pull up on things and sit back down, sometimes standing for a second before sitting. Last month it was stand and squeal for someone to set her back down. If we wouldn’t help her she would plop onto her bottom rather soundly, but now she has figured out how to ease herself down.
She waves and says, “hi” and “bye-bye” now. She very clearly said, “Hi Gwan-ma-ma” when Grandma was visiting the other day. I’m also 90% sure I heard an, “I wuv oo.” and sevearl times I’ve heard a “tank oo” when handing her something. I don’t think she knows what it means...it’s just what we say when someone gives us something! :)
She now turns the pages of a book when we are reading. I love that. If she and I are reading she will sit still and listen for a good ten minutes. If her sisters are reading with us she won’t sit still for even one book. She also has started to point to things in books. It is SO cute to see that pudgy little pointer finger finding things on the pages. This has led to pointing to objects she wants around the house.
I posted last Wednesday that she had cut tooth #7 and then a few days ago I went to fish something out of her mouth, seeing white in the back and realized that she had already cut one of the first year molars!! So she has four front teeth, three bottom teeth, and as of yesterday when I checked, ALL FOUR first year molars! They are the blue ones from this chart below. I don’t know why they came before the other bottom “lateral incisor”…interesting.
Although, I shouldn’t be surprised that she has her molars already. Boo Bear had every single tooth on this chart by her 15 month appointment. I remember her doctor being shocked and saying she was the youngest child she’d ever seen with all her teeth in.
The best part about those molars is that she wasn’t even fussy about them…hence the not even knowing they were there! She has had several bad diaper rashes lately so I kept thinking that fourth bottom tooth was going to come in, and then was surprised when it never did. Now I know why! Hopefully she cuts the rest of her teeth with such ease!
Sweet girl. We go in soon for her 1 year check-up and shots. :{ I’ll post her “stats” then.
But now…a year in review!
As you can see she has NOT spent the last year growing hair. Haha :) I bought her some hairbows for her birthday to inspire her.
T had to work last night so we are having a little party for her tonight. Pictures to follow!
1 year already?! She is such a doll...with lots of teeth! That's great that she wasn't fussy for the molar cutting! The year in review pictures are SO FUN!
ReplyDelete