Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Parading

We had our town days this weekend, and, as always, it was a great time! 

Our church worship team got to play at the gazebo again this year.  I was supposed to go help set up at 8:30, but since I know nothing about wires and amps and speakers and sound boards I sent T in my place.  Thank goodness I did because they had problems getting it to work and he saved the day!  The girls and I went down at 9:30 to begin our fun day!

parade

Papa, Noni, Uncle M and A arrived shortly after.  Sweet girls!

parade2

Noni kept the kiddos in the shade where they danced to our music.  I felt bad for the singers who had to stand in the sun…I got to sit under the gazebo and it was nice and cool with a breeze.

parade3

After we got done playing it was time to stake out a spot to watch the parade go by!

parade5

The girls favorite truck/vehicle was one of the fire trucks that was being driven by one of our friends.  Every few feet he would send a spray of water shooting out.  Pretty cool!

parade4

The girls were excited to see our town’s float! 

parade6

A loved the horses!  She was waving and saying, “Hi horsey! Hi horsey!”  So cute.

parade10

Bug held her hand so she could stand a little closer to see better.

parade7

This was my favorite float, other than our own.  I couldn’t believe the detail!  It must have taken forever!

parade8

The octopus was especially neat!

parade9

After the parade we got some lunch.  The girls wanted to go in the bouncy house.  There’s no way I could go bouncing around like that right after eating! :)

parade11

But they had a great time!

parade12

We wandered through the booths for a while before finally heading home.  Peanut didn’t get a single minute of her morning nap so she was pretty exhausted. 

parade13

She fell asleep just as we got home, but I transferred her to the crib without a peep.  Boo was tired too and said, “I weally need a nap today Mommy.  Just a wittle one.”  I let her lay down and had to wake her up two and half hours later!  I guess that’s the sign of a really fun day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize they made such fancy floats for the parade. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete