We have so enjoyed this summer! Without any major projects to do we were a bit baffled at first with what to do with all our extra time, but we’ve quickly learned how to fill it with walks, bike rides, movie nights, golf, swimming, games, books, and just spending time together as a family.
But of course we couldn’t go the WHOLE summer without doing a project! So…we are going to remodel the downstairs bathroom.
Once upon a time we had big plans to turn the two bedrooms and bathroom downstairs into a master suite, but after four years of completely re-doing the house we’ve decided to scrap that idea and just do a bit of updating.
We have a really old jetted tub that shoots little bits of…grime(?) into the water, the shower has cracks in the surround, the linoleum is wrinkled up in one corner, and our sink has a little hole in the bowl part. BUT before we can remodel our bathroom we have to fix the upstairs shower that has been leaking (and unused) for a couple of years now. Grandma and Grandpa spent the weekend helping us cut a hole in our ceiling and getting the problem figured out.
Thankfully it just seems to be a loose joint, which is an easy fix.
Since the bedroom is mostly cleared out I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint. We have hardly touched our bedroom since we moved here. I even hung pictures on nails that were already in there so it kind of had a random feeling to it. Hopefully I’ll be able to give it a little more of a personal touch after we get the ceiling patched back up.
On Saturday morning our church had it’s summer golf tournament and T talked me into playing the front 9 so Grandma and Grandpa came and watched the kiddos. They said the girls did great but they must have been busy because that afternoon when I let the girls watch a little TV they both fell asleep on the couch. :)
Yes, that would be our bed…in the living room. Hopefully it won’t be there for long! I’ll post pictures when I get the bedroom put back together!
Our bed is also in the living room right now due to remodeling ;)
ReplyDelete~ Elizabeth