Monday, July 1, 2013

Rain and Bowling

Our weekend went a bit differently than we expected.  Apparently the weather people were playing a big joke on us because instead of the high 90’s and sunshine it poured almost all day on Saturday!  At 4am Saturday morning we woke up to a REALLY LOUD thunder storm!  We had plans to work in the yard, but obviously that didn’t happen.  It was a bit of a pain, but I was really feeling sorry for all the people camping this weekend!  Several of our friends went out, and it seemed like half the town headed for the lake on Friday. 

The girls had gone to Noni and Papa’s anticipating a day of mud fun, sprinklers and trampoline jumping, but they had to do other things.  Noni and Papa’s house is always fun! 

I made an interesting discovery while they were gone.  I am always telling them that they need to clean up their toys, yada, yada, yada, and always thinking to myself, Why do they make such a big mess all the time??  WELL.  I discovered that someone has been framing her older sisters for her dirty work! 

After the girls left I had picked up the floor and it was spotless.  By Saturday night, with only Peanut in the house, this is what it looked like…

P1110092

P1110093

P1110095

That little turkey can make a MESS!  I think I’d better apologize to the other two!

On Sunday we went to church and then headed to town for some shopping and errands before meeting our friends at a bowling alley.  It was a little bit of organized chaos with 7 kids, 6 and under, but it was very fun!  We had a great time, and it was fun to catch up a little…as much as you can while corralling little ones into a small space! :)

IMG_0751

Buggy was a little shy at first, crossing her arms after each throw.

IMG_0749

But she got more bold as the time went on.

IMG_0753

These kiddos are growing up so fast!

IMG_0754

Even the “little” ones are not so little anymore!

IMG_0755

Boo was especially fond of little O.  She was following him around trying to redirect him back to the group.  :)

IMG_0759

IMG_0760

She was happy to let Daddy help her use the guide.

IMG_0764

I thought she looked adorable in her little bowling shoes…the smallest size they had. :)

IMG_0766

What a fun evening!  Thanks H and P families for the great time!

IMG_0742

It’s supposed to be HOT this week!  We’ll see if it actually happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment