Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No More Naps

Over a month ago Boo decided she was done with naps.  I was REALLY hoping that it would just be a phase and she would start napping again, but I’ve officially given up that hope.  By now we’ve worked out a new “normal” and we’re getting along just fine.  It’s actually working out nicer since we don’t have to stop for her to take a nap during the day. 

It seems WAY too early for her to stop napping since K stopped napping just last year at 5 years and 3 months (on the day Peanut was born), but I think she really is ready.  When she does take a nap she’s down for 2-3 hours and is a little big grumpy all evening after she wakes up.  Now she just plays hard until bedtime. 

When she was napping we would put her to bed at 8:30 and she would quietly lie in bed looking around or talking softly to herself until 10:00-10:30! Now we put her down at 8:00 and she is out like a light.  It seriously takes less than 5 minutes.

So I guess it’s all for the best, but it does make the day a little long. Especially in the afternoons when I catch her laying somewhere and sucking her thumb…

IMG_1597

“Who me?? No, I’m not tired…I was dust hiding!”

IMG_1598

“See Mommy?”

IMG_1599

At least the little one still takes two good naps for me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ty was like that at that age. He quit taking naps but if I didn't get him to bed by 8 or 8:30, I would find him in bed cuddled up with his stuffed animals falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete