Friday, July 5, 2013

The Playhouse

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling ambitious and decided to let the girls help me paint their playhouse.  They actually did pretty well and I had the foresight to tape off the floor so it didn’t get too messy. :) 

They were so excited to get painting!

playhouse1

T said he could sheetrock, but we decided to just paint the plywood.  It’s not fancy, but it looks a lot better than it did.

playhouse2

I taught them the finer arts of painting, such as “when dipping your paint brush try to only dip to first inch into the paint.”

Boo took a little longer to learn this lesson than her sister.

playhouse3

I think the yellow made it nice and cheery and bright!

playhouse4

Grandma made the girls a cute little banner out of some leftover fabric. We just have to finish that triangle at the top and do a few touchups.

playhouse5

T even made some window boxes and I let K decorate with some fake flowers I got at a garage sale.  I think it looks pretty darn cute!

playhouse6

I’m hoping the girls will get a lot of use out of it this summer!

6 comments:

  1. That is so great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful playhouse! Picturesque! Wish I could come play in it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful playhouse! Picturesque! Wish I could come play in it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow! It looks super cute! Turned out great

    ReplyDelete