I think it has been established that I am a Type A, perfectionist, super-planning, list making type of girl. I really love to make a plan and have everything ready to go.
For this reason I have been packing and planning for our Florida trip for months…literally. I used Pinterest and Blogs to get all sorts of ideas and tips about making traveling with little ones easy, smooth, and fun. I’ll have to let you know how that worked out. :)
One of the best ideas I found was travel kits. I looked up all sorts of blogs and discovered the Dollar Store to be the place where people found the most stuff. Between them and Target I hit the jackpot!
I put these together right after we had just seen Anneka and Ella, who will soon be making the long trip back to Russia in just two days, so I decided to make a kit for them as well. It was fun picking out all sorts of things that would be exciting for little girls. :)
We put on a movie one night and I spent almost two hours putting together my little kits. First I dumped everything out on the floor…
And gathered my supplies…
For Anneka and Ella I just put everything in a bag to let Jami and Leif distribute at their convenience, but for my girls I decided to number everything. The Dollar Store had a great selection of workbooks, stickers, and puzzles.
I got my girls’ stuff all labeled and organized and then I had these two cute (Dollar Store) bags to hold everything.
Hopefully those two bags will keep four little girls entertained so their parents can have pleasant flights. :)
I am using Microsoft Live Writer to set this to post, so if everything has gone according to schedule, as you are reading this we should be in the air and almost back home from our trip!!! I’m sure I’ll have a gazillion pictures so I’ll get them organized and up as soon as possible, and I’ll let you know how the travel kits worked out too. :) Until then…
It was so great to have your travel kits for our girls!! They loved the ring pops and the Princess coloring book best. =) You are so thoughtful! We'll be enjoying all of the traveling goodies for months to come!
ReplyDelete