We started our final morning at Disney bright and early. We wanted to get to the Magic Kingdom as soon as it opened.
Auntie Katherine and Auntie Eve had returned from their cruise the night before so they met us at the hotel to join us for the day! The girls were thrilled to see them! We made a mad dash over to the buses and almost didn’t make it, but we managed. :) The girls could feel the excitement building as soon as we got there.
We rented a stroller (a double this time) and set off down main street. Bug insisted that Auntie Eve be the one to push them! Eve seems to be the only one aware that Aunt Karen is taking this picture. Haha:)
Here is the girls’ first glimpse of Cinderella’s castle!
They were just as excited as I hoped they’d be.
One of the workers offered to take a picture of our whole group. Everyone there is so friendly and accommodating! It really makes the whole experience even better!
Let’s get a closer look!
After we admired the castle we parked our stroller (seems like it spent half the day parked) and started hitting the rides. First up was Pooh’s Grand Adventure. I really liked the lines that had stuff for the kids to do…very helpful!
And of course as soon as we got past the playthings Boo wanted to someone to hold her. Noni was the winner this time. :)
Here we go!
One room was surrounded by mirrors. T said, “Take a picture!” Probably would have worked better if I’d turned the flash off. :)
When we turned around the car behind us was empty. I never did ask why they missed it. We waited a second and they came along. :)
Next up: the spinning teacups! Look a picture where Boo is not sucking her thumb! Those were pretty rare on our trip since she was not getting her regular amount of sleep. :)
At this point we met up with our friend from back home that is doing the Disney school/work program. He takes classes and works there. This is the same guy that bought my little blue car that we upgraded from when Boo came along. The day we were at Epcot we were leaving and just happened to walk right past it! We didn’t even know he was over there that day so we made sure to get ahold of him when we got to the Magic Kingdom.
Dumbo! Katherine and Eve took the girls on this ride. They loved it!
After Dumbo we went over to “It’s A Small World”. Boo got tired while waiting in line.
Me and my big 5 year old birthday girl!
The only ride we didn’t get to go on was the Peter Pan flying adventure. The wait was really long and even the FastPass was 2 hours. I guess at Magic Kingdom you can only get one FastPass at a time and we didn’t want to lock ours up for that long.
We headed over to Splash Mountain instead. Boo was too little and since I’d read that it was a good rule of thumb for pregnant women not to go on the ones that had that high of height requirement I decided to wait with her. Mom stayed and kept me company. For all the other rides the wait time was very accurate but this one must have been a little off because we waited the 20 minutes and then stood there to get a picture of them coming down, but it ended up being almost 45 minutes before they came through. Mom got tons of little videos of strangers coming down because every time we saw a bright orange shirt like Katherine was wearing she would start videoing. :P
We did see some interesting stuff. One guy’s hat blew off and then got run over by the next boat, and another guy proposed on the way down!!! I thought maybe she’d lost her watch or something because they were both bent over her hands when they came out of the tunnel but then they started hugging and kissing and the photographer next to us said, “He just proposed!”
They took a picture of the picture on the way out. Katherine and Karen’s faces cracked me up! Bug said it was a little scary but she was proud to have gone on a big-kid ride!
The girls (and I) were getting hungry at that point so we headed over to Adventureland where we ate at Tortuga Tavern, from Pirates of the Caribbean! It was actually one of the best meals we had, I thought. I had a big taco salad. It was really good!
I asked one waiter if he happened to have a match or something and he disappeared for a long time but finally came back with a candle lighter so we were able to sing “Happy Birthday” to Bug. Again, people from all the tables around us joined in. So nice.
Boo enjoyed the ice cream that I got with my meal. :)
The Pirates ride was a pretty short line so we jumped in. I was afraid that Bug would be too scared but since her new best friend, Auntie Eve, loves Pirates, she was mostly ok. :)
We got FastPasses for the Jungle Cruise since there was a long wait and then headed over to explore the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.
To my surprise it was one of the girls’ favorite things! They loved it!
It WAS pretty neat!
I didn’t get any pictures of the Jungle Cruise or the Enchanted Tiki Room but we did those next. Boo really liked the Tiki Room song and she will still sing it randomly. :)
We hadn’t planned on making the parade but our Cruise guide said it started in 20 minutes so we hustled over to Main Street to watch. I was so glad we did because it was a fun parade with a lot of the princesses riding on floats.
It was HOT however. I felt like it was really crowded and hot, but my cousins were saying the crowds were really light, and I know it was not that hot compared to what it gets up to. I can’t imagine going in the summer time when it is "actually” crowded and super hot. The humidity was especially hard to take since we aren’t used to it! You can tell how warm the girls are in this picture and they had a little shade from their stroller!
T got the Daddy of the Year award because while we were watching the parade he was holding a place in the line to meet Tangled. He waited for an hour in the hot sun and then we joined him for another 20-30 minutes at the end (he’d made it under the shade at that point). Poor guy. Rapunzel is Bug’s most favorite princess and this was THE highlight of the trip for her she later told us, so he said it was worth it.
She is telling Bug that they are twins and this is her favorite dress and she wears it every day. :)
Boo said, “Your dress pwetty!” and she said, “Thank you! I like yours too! You look like my friend Aurora. Do you like to sleep a lot too?” Boo also mentioned the painting and she said, “Oh yes, I did that last week. I didn’t quite get finished because I ran out of blue. I’ll have to see if Flynn can go find me some more.” She was so sweet and spent a good five minutes talking with the girls. They were in heaven.
Aunt Karen got this picture of Bug running to tell them all about it!
At that point everyone was tired and hot and the girls (Boo especially) were on the verge of a full-scale meltdown so we decided to call it a day and headed back to the buses. Boo made it about 100 yards before falling asleep in my lap. She didn’t even wake up when we got off and walked to our room. I put her on the bed, but we only let her sleep for an hour since it was already late afternoon.
After she woke up we went swimming, ate dinner, and completed our birthday festivities. Pictures from that tomorrow…
Oh I love that T is such a good daddy to wait for the Tangled gal, still haven't seen the movie but I have a feeling I will soon. What delightful little girls!
ReplyDelete