Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

We interrupt this regularly scheduled vacation re-capping to bring you a weekend update…

Bug got to fulfill one of her life-long goals this weekend: ride on a float in a big parade!

Her dance group got to be in a local parade and since she’s in the 3-5 year old group she got to ride on the float.  The bigger kids did their dance while walking behind it.

Here she is with one of her best girlfriends.

parade

The float looked liked a 50’s diner and the kids were dancing to “I Love Rock ‘n Roll”.  It was pretty cute.

parade1

The little ones were supposed to wave but we ended up standing in line for over 45 minutes before we were able to get going so they were tired of sitting and pretty much done waving by the time we actually got going (I say “we” because I was one of the volunteers to walk with them and keep an eye on the kids).

Most of the little ones had a deer-in-the-headlights look on their face the whole route, but a couple (not my daughter) were waving and smiling. :)

parade2

Here’s the whole group on the float at the end.  They all did a great job and actually won first place in their division!  Way to go dancers!

parade3

The girls went home with Noni after the parade so we met them at church this morning.  They were both so sweet when they came to give me hugs and tell me Happy Mother’s Day.

I had just taken Boo’s sweater off and she saw the flower on her dress and said, “I so pwetty!  You haffta take my picture!”

mothers

After church we went out to lunch and then came back to the house to open presents.  We all pitched in and bought Mama a memory foam mattress pad for her bed.

mothers1

Noni and Papa gave me a penguin shaped flashdrive/keychain (that the girls helped pick out) and some Scentzy stuff. 

T didn’t realize it was already Mother’s day so I picked out the Ninja blender that I’ve been wanting when we were at Walmart the other day. :)

mothers2

Four generations!

mothers3

Me and my girls.

mothers4

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mother’s we know!  We love you all!!!

1 comment: