Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 2–Atlanta Braves

We don’t have a bucket list, but if we were to write one down one thing would definitely be on my husband’s: visit every Major League baseball stadium in the country.

For this reason we planned our entire trip around going to an Atlanta Braves game.  Instead of flying into Orlando we flew into Atlanta so we could see them play.  We couldn’t travel across the entire country and not mark a stadium off the list.  If we ever get to Florida again we will be visiting Tampa and Miami to scratch those ones off.

T was especially excited about this game because he got to see Chipper Jones play. 

braves2

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this game!  T said it was because of the weather and I’m inclined to agree.  Even if it is the middle of August and sweltering, at home, you are freezing when the sun goes down.  I’d put the girls in jeans and brought coats, but we never needed them.  It was balmy and gorgeous.  Perfect baseball watching weather.

braves1

The other reason I enjoyed myself so much was because I had very low expectations of how the girls would do.  I anticipated corralling them into their seats for 3 hours while they bounced off the walls but they actually did great!  I think there was enough action with the food, different between-inning games, and songs with motions to keep them entertained.

We also spaced out our different activities to keep them from getting antsy.  We got a great deal with a family pack where our tickets came with a parking pass and dinner.  You can’t go to a baseball game without a good ole’ hot dog and some cheesy nachos! :) 

braves

We also made several trips to the restroom where they got to stretch their legs and stop for a photo op. 

No idea what K is doing. :)

braves3

And cotton candy was promised for the 7th inning.

braves5

braves4

They did get tired and there was much changing of seats.  I don’t know why we bother to purchase seats for everyone when we all end up in one anyway. :)

Poor baby girl is getting squished under there!

braves6

I love how it stays warm in the South when the sun goes down.  Here, when night falls the temperature drops like a rock.  There is stays pretty much the same.  I could do without the humidity but the warm air is so nice!

braves7

It was a great game and the Braves won 6-1!  We all had a really good time!

It was also their Friday night Fireworks show so we stuck around to watch.

braves8

T got this video of the stadium.  It was a little surprising when they first turned off all the lights.  It was almost pitch black, but once our eyes adjusted it was the perfect way to watch the firework show.  Boo sat in my lap so I could put my hands over her ears.  She said, “Fireworks pokey!  Dey poke my ears!”

What a perfect night of fun family time and baseball!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that they did so good! I always begged my Dad to take me with him and my brother when they would go to baseball games (Minor League games in Bham), and then I always was so bored and begged them to leave!!

    ReplyDelete