Being in close contact for 11 days: within 10 ft. of our children for roughly 255 of those 264 hours, afforded us the opportunity to observe their habits and patterns even more so than usual. We came to the conclusion that we are living with two dwarfs: Sleepy and Dopey.
Sleepy managed to get herself in all sorts of interesting positions in her various hotel beds:
The Scarlett O’Hara
The Perpendicular Snoozer
The Prima Ballerina
The Peek-A-Boo
And given the nature of these positions it came as no surprise that although bolstered with pillows and rearranged hotel furniture (think nightstands shoved up against the side of the bed), she still managed to fall out of bed three times on our trip. On one of them she was laying on her sideways on her stomach so she just slid and wiggled until she ended up standing next to the bed crying. Funny girl.
Our other dwarf, Dopey, proved to be quite exasperating when trying to photograph.
Albeit interesting for others to observe.
It’s a really good thing we live in an era of digital photography or I would be one frustrated Mama after developing film.
This age of technology merely provides us with MANY outtakes, and LOTS of “Wait, I have to take another. Buggy! Normal smile please!”
Sometimes the dwarf qualities overlap. Like the fact that we brought the Peapod for Boo to sleep in, but Bug insisted that she be allowed the privilege even those she was squished in there like a little sardine.
And Sleepy’s one attempt at creating an outtake of her own.
But at least I’m thankful that they have chosen these particular qualities to perfect as I think it would be very annoying to live with a Sneezy and most definitely a Grumpy. Although we definitely have our moments of channeling the latter on some days. :)
Hi ho, hi ho!
so funny!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!! Those are some great shots you got. Good job!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post. I love all the sleeping position pics but I really love Bugs facial expressions. She has always been so expressive from a young age What a nut! I love your girls and their expressions. You have two cute kiddos there mamma!
ReplyDelete