Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Potty Time

On Monday Boo and I started our grand adventure…potty training!  We went to the store last week to gear up.  I let her pick out “big girl” undies, Pull-ups (or “pups” as she calls them for “seep-ing”).  She picked M&M’s as her rewards and I let her pick some little puff things for a special potty snack.

pottytime

She has actually done amazingly well!  We have only had four accidents in three days, with three of those being on the first day!  The only downfall is that two of the accidents have been #2 and we have had no successful #2’s in the potty.

She has been very good about staying on the potty as long as I want her too…as long as she is sufficiently entertained by books, Super Why (her new favorite that she watches on my iPhone), games (again on the phone), or songs.  We are still loving the family potty seat that we got when Buggy was being trained.  The other day I noticed that you can buy them at Home Depot now for a little better price.

pottytime2

The first day we had two successful pee-pees right off, but then the dreaded #2 accident.  I briefly left her here, in a highchair to eat her snack while I went to change the laundry.  I thought she wouldn’t go when she was sitting…I was wrong.

Then after the accident came the two pee-pee accidents right in a row, and then after that we haven’t had a single wet accident again.  Yesterday she held her poopy in all day long and then today had a poopy accident RIGHT after getting off the potty.

pottytime1

But overall I am very pleased with how quickly she has picked it up!  We even had bible study last night and she went pee-pee three times in the church potty.

Big girl undies! Rapunzel - “Punsel!”

pottytime4

So proud!

pottytime3

Now hopefully we can get the #2 side of things figured out and we’ll be good to go with our new “big” girl. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, she is growing up fast. I can't believe it's time for potty training. Love the Punsel undies!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!! Good job to both of you!

    You break the trend... I've noticed that every family with a girl born first calls it tee-tee, and every family with a boy born first calls it pee-pee. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe she is old enough to potty train already!

    ReplyDelete