Friday, December 9, 2011

Girls

The other day T was wading through a bunch of items that had been stacked on his nightstand and said, “Man we have GOT to get some trucks around here.”  Over the next few days I started to notice that it is quite obvious that we only have girl children in our household!

So I compiled a photographic list…the top 10 ways you know you have girls…

1. A trail of mini-princess dolls in the kitchen.

girls1

2. Said princesses doing perpetual high-kicks.

girls2

girls3

3. The constant retrieval of bows/flowers/ribbons from the floor.

girls4

4. Going to put away said items on a ribbon holder that is taller than you are.

girls6

…or when that is full, the windowsill of headbands.

girls9

…or Mommy and Daddy’s bookshelf where even more hair accessories come to rest after a long day.

girls10

5. Tutus, halos, and angel wings are a very common centerpiece on your dining room table.

girls5

6. Your countertops are littered with flowers and nail polish.

girls7

7. The giant pile of boots, gloves, hats, coats, snow pants, and scarves at your front door is almost exclusively brown and pink.

girls8

8. You have an entire toy bin dedicated to crowns, wands, tutus, princess dresses, and plastic jewelry.

girls11

9. And another toy bin for dolls.

girls12

10. You are constantly tripping on shoes that are sparkly, flowered, and, again, brown and pink…with the occasional purple thrown in for good measure.

girls14

girls13

Poor Daddy.  He’s definitely outnumbered.  Hopefully we’ll have a boy some day to counteract all this pink!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you do too! But I have to say that I LOVE all the girly stuff in your photos! I wouldn't mind seeing some of it around my house :). However, the trucks, cars, trains, and dinos are perfect for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! You make me laugh because I have NONE of these things at my house. Your girls are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having raised 2 boys, it was always GI Joe, X-Men, or Leggos all over the place hahaha. So sweet to celebrate the beauty of GIRLS!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete