This was the first time that I've been able to go to a full day of Boo's volleyball tournament! Normally I go to church and then get there as quick as I can, but I only get to see two or three games. I really enjoyed getting to watch all of her games this time! The girls were super busy. We had to be there a little after 7 and then they warmed up before working a game at 8. Then they played a game at 9 and did so great! This was a tough team but they won! Boo had some awesome hits!
They were definitely missing R, their setter, but the other girls stepped up and worked together to get the job done.
Another great hit.
I don't think she missed a serve all day.
Their only break of the day was at 10AM so they tried to eat "lunch" but no one was very hungry.
Then it was another game at 11. She had some incredible blocks.
They didn't end up winning that one but it was close!
They worked at 12.
And then had games at 1 and 2, but everyone had gotten behind so it was almost 3 by the time their 2 o'clock game started.
So much volleyball! You could tell a lot of the girls were getting tired because people started missing their serves, but Boo stayed steady and even had a 7 point run in one of the last matches.
They were also starving because they'd been working or playing since that morning. The games were all really close and hard fought but they didn't end up pulling out another win.
But it was so fun to be there all day and watch her doing something she's so good at!
She finally got to eat "lunch" at 4PM when they finished. :P That's when we headed to Noni and Papa's for the Superbowl party. It was a long day but they played hard and did a great job! Way to go girls!
That picture of her serving with the flag backdrop...wow!
ReplyDeleteNoni