It was so fun to watch Peanut play basketball! Especially since they won quite a few games! Our school is so tiny that it is rare for us to have a winning season but this was an exception! I think they won 6 games and only lost 2! It was a really good experience for Peanut to be on the team and I'm so glad she decided to go for it!
She gained a lot of skills over the short season!
This team had some really good players, but we managed to consistently stay ahead of them the whole game.
Peanut got to shoot two free throws and swished them both! Boo took a video from where she was standing in the doorway so these next three pictures are screenshots from that.
Swish!
This was a super exciting game! This is one of the best teams in the league and I honestly wasn't expecting our kids to do well at all but they stepped it up and gave them a run for their money!
This whole game was neck and neck, back and forth, and the suspense was intense!
Peanut consistently scored one or two baskets per game and made over half of her free throws through the season!
We pulled off the win! Whoo hoo!
All of their games were so fun to watch because they played so well! This was another neck and neck game. They had a couple of big boys, and both teams were held to a pretty low score.
We were up by three and they scored which took us to 25 to 24. Then we missed our shot and they had the ball under their hoop with 7 seconds to go. They shot...and missed! And we won by one point! The fans went wild!
Okay I'm going to put these pictures a little out of order because I have too many tournament pictures to tack them on the end of that post...
After basketball was over they had awards one day after school. I had a deaconess meeting but T was able to take off early and go. Peanut got the "Best Help Defense" award. The coaches were so happy with how much her defense had improved. They also said that when they were planning awards it was going to be either that or "Most Improved Player". They wanted to give her both but went with the defense because she did such a good job at it!
They played a parents vs. players game.
I wish I could have been there to see it! T said they had a lot of fun!
And the parents won! Haha!
What a wonderful season!! I'll post the tournament pictures next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment