Monday, August 25, 2025

Swim Lessons!

 When I realized that Lou and I were pretty much going to be on our own for a week with everyone else off at the their various activities I decided to sign her up for swim lessons. I prefer to do swim lessons at an indoor pool one town over, but their pool broke down over a year ago and apparently is too expensive to fix so until they get some kind of grant it is out of commission. 

Their lessons are 1 hour for 1 week, but our town's lessons are 30 minutes for 2 weeks which is a big time commitment that I don't usually like to do. But since Lou hadn't been in lessons since before Covid and since we were looking for something to do anyway I decided to go for it. 

 They put her in Level 2 and said she could move up if needed. I was planning to ask the lifeguards to move her up but then we got there and there were only 4-5 kids in her class each day as opposed to 10 in the class up so I figured it would be best to leave her in the younger class.

 
She did so good! And had a lot of fun going each day!

 
It was really nice to get her almost one-on-one instruction.  

 
On the last day they had them perform all the tasks like back float, front float, treading water, jumping off the diving board without plugging their nose, ect. 
 
 
 
She had to tread water for quite a while! 

 
 
She also had to glide under water. 

 
 
She told me that she didn't want to jump off the diving board but when her teachers asked her she walked right up with no hesitation. At first her hand would come up at the last second and plug her nose just before she slipped into the water. 
 
 
But then she was able to do it without plugging her nose! 

 
 
She started getting fancy and doing spins. :)
 
 
 
And she passed with flying colors! 
 
 
Way to go Lou!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment