Sunday, May 4, 2025

EIGHTEEN!!!

 I cannot believe we have an eighteen year old!! Officially an adult. Wow. Everyone tells you their childhood will go so quickly and they are right. Eighteen years that felt so long while they were happening but are now over and gone. It's definitely bittersweet. I am sad to think that it's over, but I'm also so excited for our little Buggy and the great big future ahead of her! She has grown and matured so much in the last few months and it has been so fun to see her taking those steps forward. We are so proud of her and the amazing woman she is becoming.

She has had a wonderful Senior year! She has always been a straight A student but this year has achieved a 4.0! Which is even more impressive when you factor in that she has been taking college classes! She has really stepped up with those classes and taken responsibility for herself. We don't have to remind her of anything, and it has been great to see her stretch her time management and organizational skills. 

She had a wonderful Volleyball season as a co-Captain and I am really going to miss watching her play! She has also had another wonderful year in her discipleship program and has enjoyed the few day-mission trips they have gone on. She tried something new with AWANA this year and has led her own small group of 3rd-6th grade girls. She's had anywhere from 3-5 girls each week and has done a great job leading them. 

She is working on her future plans and three days after graduation will be starting her CNA (certified nursing assistant) class. She is currently working on her application for T's hospital to get a job there. Her class is an intensive month and then she takes her certification test. Once she finishes that she will be able to work full time as a CNA while also continuing to take classes towards her RN (registered nurse) program that is 2 years long once she finishes her year of prerequisites. She plans to live at home for the foreseeable future so she should be able to save some good money. We are very thankful that she has a plan and is working hard to achieve her goals! 

Here is her birthday interview:

1. Favorite color: black
2. Favorite toy: I have no idea
3. Favorite fruit: watermelon
4. Favorite TV show: One Piece
5. Favorite lunch: taquitos
6. Favorite outfit: sweatpants
7. Favorite game: I don't know
8. Favorite snack: anything
9. Favorite animal: hedgehog
10. Favorite song: Praise
11. Favorite book: I don't know
12. Your best friend: F
13. Favorite Cereal:  Capn' Chrunch
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Disc Golf
15. Favorite drink: lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Christmas
17. Favorite breakfast: I don't know
18. What do you like to take to bed: blanket
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: CNA
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? chicken
 
 

 
Dear Buggy Bear,
 
Happy birthday my beautiful girl. I cannot believe you are 18 today. You have grown into an amazing young woman and I am so incredibly proud of you. 18 years have gone by in the blink of an eye and I can't help but look back and miss that sweet newborn, that busy toddler, that silly preschooler, that crafty and imaginative kid, and that tween that loved to bake and draw more than anything. But in the place of all those stands a beautiful woman who knows what she wants in life and is going after it. 
 
More importantly there stands a woman who loves God and wants to dedicate her life to serving Him. As parents, we can ask for nothing more than that. I am so so proud of you and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you as you live a life for Him.  

Thank you for 18 years of love and laughter...so much laughter. From the time you were small you have loved to laugh and have fun and that has meant a lot of laughter for the rest of us. You have brought so much joy into our lives. 
 
Thank you for being you. Thoughtful, helpful, kind, loving, silly, funny. You are so many things, and you mean so much to us. We are so thankful that God blessed us with a beautiful little girl 18 years ago, and so thankful for the woman you have become. Today I say goodbye to your childhood with tears in my eyes, but hello to a bright and beautiful future full of faith, love, and joy. Happy birthday sweet girl. I love you more than I could ever say.
 
Love, Momma  









No comments:

Post a Comment